Sunday, November 14, 2021

A Tribute and a Blooper

Sue was given short notice that her aunt and uncle were about to celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary when she was asked to possibly make a video to help them celebrate. As you will both see and hear, Sue was the flower girl at their wedding way back then in the mists of time.

We didn't have much time, but she put together a little script, and we took the camera to the park.

I understand that you-all-out-there don't care to much about Sue's aunt, but you may want to see and hear us fuddle our way through this. It was a windy day, so you can't hear some of the speech, but Sue has texted to her aunt what we actually said in those sections. A proper video guy could have done a voice-over for the unintelligible part, but I am not that guy. I can do some simple splicing and can even add a soundtrack, and I have done both for this video, but that is as far as I can go.

Following is a very short outtake/blooper. Sue had told me on the drive to the park what we would do, but . . . well . . . I was driving, and we didn't rehearse. Therefore, I sat there blankly at the beginning when I was supposed to chime in. We had a little laugh over this.


This is a phone snap of the photo that she was holding up in the first video. Sue was four years old.


It is quite something for two people to both live long enough individually to be able to celebrate 70 years together. Not many couples will reach that milestone.

Meanwhile I have been married to their little flower girl for 52 years. That's not too bad either.


16 comments:

Marcia said...

Despite the wind crackling at times I think you both did a wonderful job. It will be appreciated.

Marie Smith said...

Seventy years married is quite an accomplishment! The little flower girl was and still is quite special! Great idea!

Boud said...

This is lovely! Sue has a great voice. What a great present for them. Well done!

Barbara Rogers said...

Excellent congratulatory video!

William Kendall said...

Seventy years is a milestone!

Blondi Blathers said...

You two are so cute together! And you have a broadcaster's voice, AC. Who knew!! -Kate

MARY G said...

Dear Santa, For Christmas John needs a mike with a wind baffle.
Otherwise, splendid. Sue can write scripts.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Despite your misgivings about the sound quality, AC, this was a lovely tribute done by Sue and yourself and it is sure to be appreciated by her aunt and uncle. Their long lasting marriage is a tribute to them as well. The photo was fun to see, thanks for including it.

Margaret said...

These are excellent videos! I laughed at your blank face in the blooper one, but Sue and you had fun with it, so no harm done. My parents made it nearly 67 years before my dad died.

Mage said...

What a magic lot of years you two have had together. She was lovely as the flower girl, and you two are lovely together now.

DJan said...

Wow, seventy years married! Congratulations to the couple, and to you two as well. Good job, even with some sound problems. :-)

Kay said...

I was smiling through both your videos. I loved hearing your wonderful voices. I know all about those wind bloopers since that's what happened to us when I did a birthday video for a teacher friend in Illinois.

Bindu said...

I think the lovely couple celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary will really love your video.

Red said...

1951? It was in another age so they've done well to celebrate 70 years.

Debby said...

Seventy years! Something to aspire to for sure. Tim and I would only be 110~

Jenn Jilks said...

That was so much fun! I love bloopers.
That was a loving tribute, and very creative.
I cannot imagine that much time together. I was married the first time in 1976, but couldn't take any longer than 16 years with him! I'm happier with hubby #2.