Wednesday, November 24, 2021

No Birds and Few Photo Ops

We were back with apples and birdseed on the weekend.

At this spot, two nuthatches were flitting about, but neither landed. Nuthatches can be just as bold and tame as chickadees although they don't come in numbers. Not it my limited experience anyway That was the most colourful tree on the path in the background, so I wanted to include it. I did move back and took another photos that included her extended hand, but I still liked this one better.


I looked around for other things to photograph. I did the alligator sign again, closer-up this time. It's a local joke. There was once a marshy area in town that had a similar sign for many years until the land was built upon. This sign should be forever safe from builders for it is in a designated park. 


I looked around diligently, for I am told that there is always something to photograph. However, that doesn't mean the photo will be very good. It is good to look around and try though. In this case, the birch tree stood out from the background gloom, which I darkened in post, for effect.


Here a rather pathetic fir tree is trying to make a go of it. Poor thing. I guess it could be Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.


I saw very white fungi here and there, including on the edge of the felled log.


There were a few leaves with still some colour here and there, and I thought to show that. But then I decided to convert this to b&w. I rather like it.


And that was it for feeding the birds this week.






10 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I like the birch!

Tabor said...

I am like you and always looking for some composition that would be fun to put into a photo. I digitally paint stuff more these days because I keep wanting my imprint on it. I noticed you wife wearing 'leggings" as everyone seems to here in the city. I just accepted I and my denims are so out of fashion.

DJan said...

I love the picture of your lovely wife. :-)

gigi-hawaii said...

That is a cute sign, and I hope it stays there. Very nice photo of Sue, she looks like she is having fun posing for the camera.

William Kendall said...

Gray jays are also known for being pretty fearless when it comes to feeding from the hand.

Margaret said...

I love how you (Sue) feed the birds and make it into an outing! That is definitely a Charlie Brown tree. It seems to represent the last gasp of fall before we head into the more stark and less colorful winter.

Red said...

Chickadees are usually in loose flocks of 15 to 20. Nuthatches are more solitary

Mara said...

As her hand is missing, she could be feeding an elephant you did not want everybody to see!

Kay said...

I love chickadees, but I can't remember ever seeing a nuthatch.

MICHAEL JAY said...

I saw a comment here a few weeks ago about Dr Akhere and i decided to contact him as instructed, thanks to this man for bringing joy to me as wished for. i followed instructions which he gave in other to get my lover back who left me and the kids for 3years now, but thanks to Dr Akhere because they are back to me now for good and we are happy together. please do contact him for help too if in relationship problem via email at: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/WhatsApp:+2349057261346 . And testify for yourself.