Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Happy 153rd

Yes, we are 153 years old today. The country, that is, although I may feel that old too.  lol

For the occasion, I made my own flag.


I made it from this image. ↓ I had already flipped the photo so the main leaf is pointing up because as opposed to facing down as it was hanging on the branch.


An acquaintance wanted an image of a single maple leaf to send to an ill relative. But he wanted a single leaf only, so I extracted the central leaf. This ↓ was what he wanted.


So, way back then, last autumn, I had the thought to use it to fashion a homespun version of the flag come the next Canada Day, which is today. I am not very good at graphics, but I made the effort — for better or for worse. (Same photo as above, just repeated for easier comparison.)


This ↓ is what the actual flag looks like.

Flag of Canada - Wikipedia

Sewn Nylon Canadian Flag

18 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Happy Canada Day!

Barbara Rogers said...

Happy Canada Day...your leaf is much prettier!

gigi-hawaii said...

Happy Canada Day. I did not know that Canada is younger than the USA.

Tabor said...

Happy Canda Day to a great photographer.

Should Fish More said...

I love your country; I had landed emigrant approved in '72, but we decided not to go. Wish we had.

Shammickite said...

SUPER! Love your home made flag. Have a super Canadian day! Perhaps some maple syrup on pancakes and some back bacon, eh?

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Happy Canada Day! I really love the flag you made. It's full of real leaf qualities and more nuanced. But I appreciate that the actual flag is perhaps better as an actual flag.

Margaret said...

Happy Canada Day! That's a great flag; it looks wonderful!

Mage said...

You are wonderful.
Now, would you like to tell us how you extracted that flag?

Silver in AZ said...

happy Canada Day! Gorgeous red maple leaf photos!

PipeTobacco said...

Very beautiful art to create a flag, for a very beautiful flag itself, for a very pleasant, lovely, and good thinking country! I would be happy if Canada would annex and acquire my region.

PipeTobacco

Kay said...

Happy Canada Day! Wow! You are a Photoshop wizard like my brother.

Red said...

I hope you've had a good Canada Day.

Doris Potter said...

Very clever! I like it a lot!

Joanne Noragon said...

I have a friend who works for the government of Canada. We have been in discussions that only ended with her breaking into "Oh, Canada..."

Rita said...

Happy Canada Day! I actually love your flag. Love maple leaves and your photos are awesome! :)

DJan said...

Happy birthday, Canada! I think your homemade flag is wonderful! Great job. :-)

William Kendall said...

Splendid takes.