Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Moments

We have some positive COVID news, provincially. There were 154 new cases yesterday, but there were 160 new successfully resolved cases. Also, as the following graph reveals the trendline for new cases (black line) is going down at the same time that testing has gone way up (red line). It can be done — you can lower the case count while increasing testing.

Image

Also, the health unit for our part of the province, Eastern Ontario, has declared that wearing facemasks in public indoor places is now mandatory. I don't know what took them so long, but I think it is still an important step to take as people begin to increase their contacts.

I believe that this is the way that life has to be for the near future — to begin to resume a lifestyle something closer to normal while taking all of possible precautions: reduce social contacts, keep your distance, wear a mask, wash your hands.

And so, we still do our social gatherings with few people in the park. Sue and I had two such meetings last week, and she also had another with just a few girlfriends.

Even with my wide angle lens at its widest, Sue and I needed to stand centrally to fit into this photo.

I took Sue for a spin to help me look for photo ops for future reference. Since it was just a scouting trip, I didn't even take my camera, which is just as well because I didn't find any sites that spoke to me.

At one corner, however, we spotted a doe and a very young fawn. How sweet! Sue took a phone shot at a distance. All she got was a blur, but it was a sweet moment.


Another sweet moment occurred after family dinner when Lacey had a snuggle with JJ.


Me jealous? Why should I be jealous?

14 comments:

Mara said...

You could also say that Sue's photo had an artistic wash done to it and that's why it looks so blurry!

Kid and cat, what's not to love?

Barbara Rogers said...

A nice shady spot for meeting friends. I dare say no coffee was involved. Last week I changed mine to iced coffee when having the second half of cup, since I was going out in hot car to do errands. Today is cloudy and cooler so far.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

A wise way to slowly increase contact with friends while staying safe. Good news for Ontario.

MARY G said...

Kid and cat photo is a classy classic. Too bad about the deer. I just about went spla as I had a bear in the yard and camera misfunction, big time. Turned out to be a damaged card. Of all times!

gigi-hawaii said...

I like all of the photos, even the blurry one. In Hawaii, the new cases have been increasing due to the loosening up of quarantine. The mayor is now questioning the wisdom of letting tourists into the state on August 1.

Marie Smith said...

That fickle cat! Think she know where her kibble comes from!

William Kendall said...

Lacey is comfortable.

dellgirl said...

Awww, Lacey snuggling with JJ is too cute, enough to make anyone jealous.

troutbirder said...

Good news indeed!It can be done when people follow the rules....




Red said...

Interesting how statistics are used to describe the virus.

Joanne Noragon said...

Love the photos. All of them.

Rita said...

Love both of your photos. ;)
So nice that you can have outdoor visits! :)

Margaret said...

I agree with you-the new normal will include lots of hand washing and masks. I wish more Americans would get a clue! Love the deer and the cat snuggling photo.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sadly, I think you estimation that we may be in this social distancing and masking up for the long haul is most likely correct. Nice to see you and Sue and friends able to get together at a safe distance and nicer still to see the smiling faces.