Friday, July 31, 2020

A Time to Print

As a photographer, of all of the old Disney tunes from movies, I am drawn most to Snow White's memorable song: Someday My Prints Will Come. Yes, prints: that is the right way to hear it if you are me although I am sure pleases you immeasurably that you are not. Perhaps I could consider myself the Prince of Prints? Hmm ... perhaps not, eh?

After the C19 hiatus from doing anything or going anywhere, not that it is over mind you, I still have my winter photos on display at the coffee shop. The place has been open for takeout for awhile, but now that customers can sit — at distances, of course — it seems to be time to do something about my display.

Procrastinating for longer than necessary, I have finally got around to doing some printing. I am not going to count at the moment, but I have printed close to 10. The images are approximately 10.6x16 on 13x19 sheets. I can then insert the sheets into standard 13x19 frames, which I can purchase fairly cheaply for a cafe display.

The present holdup is convincing myself to print the tags that should accompany the pictures. I don't like that part, so I delay.

The next hurdle will be to find a time to hang them. I think we'll need to do it after hours to minimize contact. I will likely post photos when that is done, which will hopefully be next week should I finally decided to finish the job at this end.

Meanwhile, I had Sue photograph me holding a few of the prints.





14 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes, you are certainly a prince of prints. Funny, I never knew there was one, and there you are! Those are very choice photos, and I'm sure by the time they are enlarged to that size, they have more details that I've seen on the computer. Beautiful! Yes, doing any of the routine things has become a challenge these days. For me it's because I'm changing my entire life style. Oh well. At least I have the same roof over my head, and I'm very grateful for that these days!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The new prints look great and held by the prince of prints, too funny😀 Good luck and hope you have some sales with the changeover. Have there been many recently?

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Good luck with this project. For many C19 has meant less spending (on gas for example) so maybe people will be itching to buy art.

DJan said...

May I call you Prince Prints? Nice pictures; some of them look familiar. :-)

PipeTobacco said...

Do you print them yourself (on your printer) or do you send them to a place for printing? If you do it yourself you must have a very nice printer that can hold pretty large sized photo paper!

PipeTobacco

Marie Smith said...

The colours are so vibrant, AC. Or is it PP?

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

All of these really look great, Prince Prints.

Margaret said...

I definitely consider you the Prince of Prints, or of Photography. You are so gifted! Your photos are gorgeous and will look wonderful in the coffee shop. Pre-covid I loved sitting in cafes with art work.

gigi-hawaii said...

POP. YOU ARE A DAD, TOO.

William Kendall said...

these are wonderful choices.

Marcia said...

I think you may end of selling some of those. Very nice!

Jenn Jilks said...

What a wonderful post!
I think my photography days are over. It's tough with the eyeballs. I can't wear reading glasses easily photographing. I'll just have to look at yours!

Joanne Noragon said...

Well done, Printz.

Doris Potter said...

They look great and I am sure will be the subject of many conversations. Bravo!