Saturday, July 11, 2020

Body Temperature

Yesterday, the air reached body temperature of 36.9C or 98.4F. I am not sure why air temperature that is the same as body temperature feels so oppressive, but it does.

But that intense heat has finally broken, and the highest temperatures that I see in the two week forecast are 30C/86F. That is warm enough, but it is not stupid warm.

It is also raining (or was) a bit this morning, and we should get more this afternoon, possibly with thunderstorms. We need it — badly.

But enough about weather.

When COVID first hit, we did a lot of fun selfies that we shared with family and that I then shared with you. That has cooled off quite a lot now, but some sharing still goes on, so I am going to post a few now. Just for fun.

Have a good weekend.

Oh . . . before I get to the funny ones, here we are in our Canada Day garb, actually taken the day after before we put away our stuff for another year. At least my shirt will be put away. I don't know about Sue's top.


And the rest . . .






11 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Very glad to hear your misery has gotten a break...more regular hot weather for you while much of the southern US is still in the awful zone. I thankfully have had pretty good mountain weather here in NC. We are very sad about the state of COVID-19 outbreaks. Now when I see people not wearing masks I just look at them knowing they might be dying...a bit of compassion for their foolishness. Your selfies are so cute!

DJan said...

Glad your miserable heat has broken. We are still very comfy, with the high temperature yesterday 21C and the same expected today. I love your cute selfies! :-)

Margaret said...

All those fun selfies! When 86 sounds comfortable, you know you've been in some overly hot temps. Love the red shirt/top! I like the color although I rarely wear it.

Marie Smith said...

Your selfies always make me smile. That’s a great gift!

gigi-hawaii said...

You folks look good in red. As for the heat, I am glad rain is in the forecast. The highest temperature here in Hawaii has been 90 but not higher than that. Usually, it is 88 during the day, but 72 at night.

Vicki Lane said...

I think the floppy blue ears are my favorite. Too hot here also. So we're working in the (relatively) cool basement, sorting and tossing. Crummy old rugs, years of tax stuff, boxes that were too good to throw out . . . who knows what else we'll find?

Mage said...

So glad it is fractionally cooler. Welcome to Summer. The news tells me that we will be 98 here. Sue's eyes are wonderful in the Pig Selfie. You have soo much fun.

Red said...

these were fun. I would think, what's he going to come up with next?

Rita said...

Fun to see all the silly selfies. You look good in your Canada Day outfits of bold red. Glad you have had a break--or should I say crack--in the weather. ;)

Mara said...

We had a bit of a scare the other day: our thermometer told us we had a body temperature of about 31 degrees Celsius! Not just one of us, but all of us. We bought new batteries, but it didn't change. Then I noticed the tiny slider on the side: we had inadvertently changed the setting! We are now all doing fine again.

Jenn Jilks said...

Your Sue has the best clothes! I love her style.