Wednesday, July 15, 2020

JJ and More

This will be a light post, so I'll begin with a recent selfie. Hearts to you.


Jonathan came for a sleepover. Sue always goes to bed early, and since I had awoken at 3 the previous morning, I also went to bed at 10. Having been out of school for months JJ is getting his clock all tunred aorund. He was in bed but still on his phone when I checked out at 10. I don't know how late he stayed up, but he slept almost until noon the next day.

We did play Monopoly. It was more of the same for me — pay taxes almost every time around GO and get sent to jail often. I didn't go totally bankrupt this time, but if we had played a little longer, I was well on my way.

You can see from the second photo that Sue was doing very well. JJ and I capitulated.



We also had several games of Sorry. I seem to do better at that game, and it is shorter. There's something to be said about that.


I have come across several articles lately in which Canadian truckers who also spend time in the USA decry the lack of awareness there and plead for borders not to be reopened. One of them, in this article, has decided to take a financial hit by refusing cross-border jobs.

This is so sad, especially since I can see from their blog posts that the Americans whom I know are being so careful. It's a paradoxical country.


14 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I have never become a tycoon when playing Monopoly as well, but glad it’s only paper money😀 Game playing is a great way to interact with family.

Marie Smith said...

Time with one grandchild at a time is pretty special!

Margaret said...

I love board games, and am glad that the young people are still willing to play them. Congrats to Sue on the Monopoly win! I don't blame the truckers at all. It's a mess down here.

gigi-hawaii said...

It's been decades since I played Monopoly. My grandkids prefer video games. Lol.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It drives me a little crazy when we go to spend a weekend with the grandchildren and they stay in bed half the day.

Barbara Rogers said...

I have a granddaughter who sleeps in as late as she can. Often she missed the bus and her mom had to drive her to school. She was looking for a college where she could continue to sleep late. I remember as a freshman, there were often 8 am lecture classes required. I hope her studies this fall will be virtual...which will give her preference an option. I love playing Sorry, and always fail at Monopoly. I used to work at Park Place, and they gave me an email address of Parkplacebarb. When I quit I moved up and obtained my own email address, Boardwalkbarb...and I still have it!

MARY G said...

I used to love that game, but I have never, ever, won at it.
Stellar to have the grandkid back, even if asleep.

William Kendall said...

I have never played Sorry.

PipeTobacco said...

Great post!

My Monopoly strategy that tends to allow me to usually do well is to focus on just acquiring ONE set of the mid-range properties (pink, orange, red, or yellow). If I can get the full set of three of any of those, I can usually do well, regardless of what other folks have..... and then build houses/hotels on that one property as quickly as possible.

I love Sorry too! My trick that tends to aggravate my opponents is to when I get a piece out initially, I try to wait if I can to get a 10 so I can move backwards one (or a 4 to always move backwards) in order to get into home more rapidly.

PipeTobacco

Joanne Noragon said...

I said I wouldn't get into a tizzy about the ones who won't wear masks, then I did. I'm so sorry it's costing your truckers.

Red said...

Paradoxical is a good word to describe our neighbors. I can not believe that some people can be so very extreme.

My Health Hint said...

Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint

My Health Hint said...

Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint
Health Hint

DJan said...

Although I am an American, I totally agree that the borders should remain closed. We have lost our minds here.