Thursday, August 01, 2019

CP 200 Monster Bingo

The next 200th anniversary event was the Monster Bingo, held on Tuesday evening. I was going to pass on this event because Bob would be there recording it very well indeed. But in the end, I decided to go with my long lens and just take candid portrait photos.

I was stunned by the huge crowd. I guess a $1000 grand prize for a celebration event was quite a draw.

I took almost four dozen photos in all although some were two shots of the same person. I will leave you with a baker's dozen that I like a little better than the rest.














I think I did the right thing (for me) in choosing to focus on this kind of shot, especially since the other photographer was doing a more overall view, and we didn't need to duplicate.

Next event will be the Celebration Parade tonight. I think that at least in part, people will be dressed in period costumes.

6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I don’t know if there is anything I dislike more than bingo but the photos are like character studies. Great job.

Shammickite said...

Did you get permission from these people to publish their images on the almighty internet? Personally I would not like my image to appear on a blog without my knowledge.

Barbara Rogers said...

I almost always get permission to use the person's photos...but not in writing like the lawyers would like...and I say where they will be published. I noticed a Sue photo in the midst (I think!)

Jenn Jilks said...

I remember the bingo smokers halls with dread. Those dangled fundraisers,

William Kendall said...

Terrific candid shots!

Mage said...

I really enjoyed these. I note most are older, but they all are truly enjoying themselves. Thank you.