Saturday, August 03, 2019

Celebration Parade

Events continue at a torrid pace, but this weekend will be it except for two events in September. Today, I am posting some images from the Celebration Parade that took place on Thursday evening. There was an antique car parade last night, but who knows when I will deal with those photos. Today is the Annual Bridge (our main) Street Bazaar, and there will be a town picnic tomorrow.

For the Celebration Parade I set up opposite town hall because I thought it would be good to get that fine building in the background. I took dozens of photos, but I will try to be judicious here. The photos should speak for themselves.










There was a gathering at the end of the route: a few speeches, cake and music.




9 comments:

Shammickite said...

My goodness, this is quite a spectacular event! I love all the historic costumes. And why isn't that man riding his penny farthing?

Marie Smith said...

Love the photos, especially cops and robbers.

Barbara Rogers said...

Such great costumes! I was pleased to see the lady of advanced age being touted for something. Lots of bands too, on portable stages...and I like the flowers hanging along the route. Great choice of backdrop!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I love a good parade and this one looks spectacular!

Tabor said...

What fun and what great costumes. You are smart to get there early and pick out the best site!

William Kendall said...

That first shot is my favourite of the set.

Joanne Noragon said...

As says the Chinese proverb, you live in interesting times.

KGMom said...

Stepping back into the 19th century?

Jenn Jilks said...

You did well. I didn't attend many of our 200th.