Tuesday, August 06, 2019

The End

It's over: the crazy 8 events in 10 days. And I don't even particularly like event photography.

There will be a few additional events later on, but it is time to rest.

The final event was the town picnic on Sunday. After the busy time recently plus having company for part of the weekend, we didn't hurry to the 4 hour event but showed up when it was more than halfway over. I can always rely on Bob to be there and get lots of shots. Here ↓ he is at the dance with a bit of his camera in the foreground..


We caught some of the puppet show. At the end the kids lined up to greet the puppets up close.



There was music by The History Buffs who were dressed in old-fashioned garb. The fiddler looks to be sleeping on the job in this photo.


This lady, a friend from exercise, kept time with drumsticks, and our mayor joined in on the tambourine.



The crowd shots were the best. I wish that I had taken my longer lens, but I managed. to get a few keepers.







When I say The End, I do have some concert shots to process. You may recall that I showed some night photos of the final two acts, but there were other daytime acts that I recorded but haven't gotten around to as events kept proceeding apace.



9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Great captures of beautiful people...and I love the costumes and hats!

Jenn Jilks said...

Like me, you best take it easy for a few days!!!!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Super candid shots- the best kind!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

What an amazing celebration! I love the puppets that the kids got to meet. And all the people. So many interesting faces. Just a happy time.

Marie Smith said...

Great photos! Character studies all.

PipeTobacco said...

All of the photos are so enjoyable! Thank
you! I especially enjoyed the image of Bob and also the old cars as well!!

PipeTobacco

William Kendall said...

Your seventh shot of the set is my favourite.

Joanne Noragon said...

I really like Sue and her parasol.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Really enjoyed the crowd shots in this post, AC, and have been going through all the previous ones to share in this celebration without actually having attended any if the events. Thanks for documenting it so well through your blog posts.