Friday, August 02, 2019

CP200 Amazing Race

Some are concerned about the personal photos that I sometimes post here, but I figure if I wear a badge identifying me as a town photographer at a public event, then people would expect to have their images used. I am not overly discrete about what I am doing and find that people are quite happy with the attention. If they ask me to refrain, I will oblige. It happens very very seldom.

Oops. With so many events in so short a time, I almost overlooked the Amazing Race way back on Sunday. Except for one photo in passing, that is. So, although the Celebration Parade was last night and the Antique Car Parade and dance will occur tonight, I will post the Race photos today.

Contestants had a list of 200 items to work through. I don't know how well they fared as I baled early. (I think I used the right baled and not bailed.) I shot at two locations and left the rest for Bob, who did his usual great job. Two stops in the heat after 11 hours at the concert on the previous day were enough for a weary AC.












10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great photos of community life.

Marcia said...

I noticed the piano. There's a town in PA t had several decorated pianos on the streets. Actually now that I recall there was another town in PA where we vacationed one summer that had them too. Great reuse of pianos.

Barbara Rogers said...

That race meant a lot of running around out in hot sunshine. Good for them! You didn't have to do all 200 to get good pics!

Mage said...

Fun stuff.

William Kendall said...

It looks fun!

Trini Altea said...

Que bonito.!!!
Un saludo desde Almería, España

Joanne Noragon said...

I try to skip over the sweet little kiddies, to the best of my ability, but I figure everyone's picture is on a police or shop camera by now, at least once.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

You really seem to live in a very interesting place with a very active community.

Jenn Jilks said...

I quite liked the piano! I just heard of one somewhere else, on the news, methinks.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your intro to this post about taking and posting photos of others was a good explanation to those who might have been concerned about privacy issues, John. Speaking as someone who years ago took photos for weekly newspapers, my understanding was that people out in public areas by virtue of being in a public space could be photographed. That said, it is always best to refrain from taking a photo if someone objects because it would not be worth any ensuing controversy or worse yet altercation.