Saturday, August 17, 2019

Yes! We Did!

Yes! We did return to the sunflower fields that evening. Left on my own, I would have skipped it because I was tired, and it jsut seemed like so much work to get my gear together and get out there again.

But I had made a date with Bob, and he was driving, so in not the greatest of moods, I got myself ready.

It was great.

When we first arrived, the backlight on the flowers was quite something, and I took close-ups.

And then the sun began to set, so I switched to the wider view.

When I have heard other photographers say that it was worth the effort just for the experience whether they got a photo or not, I have been rather skeptical. But on that evening, I understood.

As it happened, I did get a few photos that I like.

The earlier close-ups with backlight.





Later sunset photos.




13 comments:

Marie Smith said...

That second last photo is exceptional, AC.

Tabor said...

I love that sunflowers lend themselves to photography. Wishing I had such a lovely field nearby and aren't you glad you got your act together?

Barbara Rogers said...

Kuddos for you! These are all fantastic, IMHO.

Shammickite said...

You could sell these images as postcards!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I really love these photos! Especially the first and the last one.

Mage said...

Thank you so much for getting yourself together and going back. These are truly stunning photographs.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

It's fun to watch (and be told) how you capture all these lovely pix.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I'm speechless- these are awesome shots.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

Jenn Jilks said...

Well done. It's important to have a friend like Bob! I shudder to think what I'd do without my hubby, though. People with depression have a hard time keeping friends.

Jenn Jilks said...

P.S. It was worth it!

Red said...

The last two photos are awesome!

Joanne Noragon said...

Well, WOW. Just WOW.