Monday, August 19, 2019

AC the Mad Snapper

Just a little hubris for you this morning. I thought that I would post some pics of me taking pics. Most are Sue's phone shots.

But first, one of me not taking pics, but Sue is in the frame. It was also taken with her phone, but I can't remember by whom.


Early one morning, when I went out to shoot from the bridge by town hall, Nick was out also shooting, and he got this one. What impresses me about this shot was how he moved me to the spot that he wanted in order to get a good composition — see how he has framed me amongst the foliage and next to Roy Brown, the local hero credited with shooting down the Red Baron. Mostly, I and others just grab the shot ad hoc as the opportunity presents itself, but Nick really has the eye.


At Blakeney Rapids, where we took the kids for a little water play, I wandered about, and Sue spotted me. Partly, I was shooting the kids from a different angle, but I was also partly looking for other photo ops that I could return to in better light. I didn't find many.


When we visited The Mill for Tea on the Lawn, we wandered around a bit, and Sue got me taking a photo from the bridge.


Then at the sunflower field, Sue took two more photos.



That evening when Bob and I returned for the sunset shoot, Bob took this fine photo.


Being the one with the camera, I don't see many shots of myself, but Sue gets some with her phone, and I'm glad that both Nick and Bob chipped in.

10 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely shots! I like the one of the two red shirts on the bridge. And, inspired by you, I managed to get the sunrise this morning! Of course, all I to do is get out of bed and get to the porch.

Barbara Rogers said...

This is a great collection of the photographer at work...all are lovely...I don't have a fav, but maybe that last, or maybe the bridge, or maybe the one of you by the fence.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Usually the photographer doesn’t get in the photos, so it was nice to see these candids of you from others.

Jenn Jilks said...

I hear you! We got dressed up for a surprise wedding yesterday, and I know I clean up good!

Marie Smith said...

I know what you mean. I am never in photos and I like it. Some photos as you have might be nice though.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I do like this series, especially the last one and also the one on the bridge.

Mage said...

I so enjoy stopping by to see your latest finds.

William Kendall said...

I didn't know Roy Brown was a local!

Joanne Noragon said...

Good photos, all.

Christina said...

The photo with you and Sue is really nice, one for a frame maybe? It is good that you have some photographer pals that are able to contribute to the bank of photos that show you. The only photos of myself are silly selfies as I am the one taking all the family photos...