Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Lit Stage Photos

I took photos all day of every group, but the best photos are the evening ones after the stage lights come up.

Brea Lawrenson was the penultimate act. I photographed her when she first came onstage, but went back for a second shoot when the lighting became somewhat more effective.



Here's another of her and most of the band on the full stage with some of the crowd in the foreground. The huge headliner banner of the final act, Jason Blaine, was prominent as it was all day. I found that it added to most photos rather than having a drab background.


The lights were really in full mode when it was dark for the final act, which was Jason Blaine. He is a country singer (they all were that day) who is (or was) local and made good. I don't follow country music, but I understand that he has done well in Canada. I don't know if he's made an impact on the huge American market or not.

I like this shot for the smokey but light and colourful background.


Another close shot of just Jason (if you can excuse the partial performer to the right). I like his stance.



He caught me in this shot. This happens quite a lot. He didn't seem to mind me at all.


The whole band (or at least the front members) and much of the stage.


I did shoot all day (as a record of the event), but it's the night light photos that I really like to shoot.

9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

My favourite is the last photo! Great job, AC.

Shammickite said...

I like the coloured lighting. and the smoky atmosphere, makes me hear the music in my head. Not that I like country music much bit I'm sure this was a fun concert.

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah the dramatic effects of lighting!

Tabor said...

I think he may think you are the press...did you still have that name tag on your hat???

Should Fish More said...

Too bad Creem isn't being published any more (and hasn't for decades), you could have had a second career as a photographer for a rock 'n roll mag.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

You got some great atmospheric evening shots.

Mage said...

They look great. You should feel pleased with yourself.

William Kendall said...

Your first is the stand out here.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That was a long day of shooting, but you got some great performance shots, John. I also enjoyed Sue’s photos of the volunteers and others.