Thursday, August 29, 2019

Foggy Sunrise

It has been a little while since I arose early looking to capture a sunrise. I demurred when the alarm went off at 4:45, but I eventually capitulated. You will notice that I set it for 4:45 rather than 4:15 as I did earlier due to the sun rising later and later now.)

What I didn't realize when I set out was that there was quite a lot of fog in some patches. I wasn't finding driving in the fog and dark very appealing, so I pulled off and never did make it to my destination.

I pulled off at a garden centre which had a corn field for a neighbour, over which there was quite a wonderful glow from the rising but not quite yet risen sun. So, I suppose that I trespassed just a wee bit to get these photos. The photos are very similar but with somewhat different crops and edits. I am not sure if I prefer the second or third image.







7 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Gorgeous! I love the layers of mist.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Really beautiful and quietly dramatic if there is such a thing.

MARY G said...

Third image is a more classic composition, but I love the second one. You are a brave man. I rolled over and went back to sleep at 4:30.

Mage said...

Second. :)

Marie Smith said...

Love the third. Mystery!

William Kendall said...

These are lovely!

I actually took a dawn shot in late July. Now that the days are getting shorter I'll be able to get some more of them in.

Joanne Noragon said...

No, I did not notice what time your alarm was set. I pick two or three, but only dismiss one after seeing the other two. A lot of life is those sort of choices.