Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Morning Shoot

One morning last week, I awoke so early that I headed out to take some sunrise photos. Last year when we cycled through Roy Brown Park, I mentally noted that one might possibly get some sunrise shots. I haven't photographed a sunrise for quite some time, but I headed off on that morning.

This is my favourite type of photography, taking my own sweet time to shoot a scene in good light.

It wasn't exactly a grand vista, but it worked well enough using trees, foreground flowers, a path and a sunrise. Unfortunately, a few houses are visible in the background, but I think the photos still work well enough.


When I photograph such scenes, I look at the scene before my eyes, press the shutter, and then look at the image on the LCD screen. They never match exactly. With a little nudging in post, this one ↓ looks closest to the actual scene as best I can recall.


But I think I may like the next photo better, even though it's a little more saturated and more orange (I think) than what I actually saw that morning. But I am torn between photos 2 and 3 and would like to read your views. You can click to look at somewhat larger views.


It was sure nice to do my thing in peace and tranquility.

9 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

My preference is for photo #2 which to me shows more saturation and color variations. And I agree with your last statement about getting away and working peacefully although I was still in bed while you were out.

Shammickite said...

Well, what a lovely sunrise. The promise of a gorgeous day.

Vicki Lane said...

I prefer 2 for the different colors in the sky -- and maybe for the placement of the big tree.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Even though I usually do like asymmetrical photos, the sky seems more interesting in the second photo which is my favorite. Also, in that one the lacy quality of the branches and leaves is clearer.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love getting them back to my laptop and looking at them. I find sunrise, with our automatic settings, are always deceiving!
I like #2!

Marie Smith said...

I love #3. But they are all great!

Barbara Rogers said...

I like Three. But all are very subtle and beautiful!

William Kendall said...

The first is my favourite.

Mara said...

Both photos have their own charm, I can't really pick between them. I did notice the raptor bird in number 2 however, so think I will go with that one!