Thursday, August 15, 2019

Two Days With the Kids

We had the kids for two days this week before they head off to Prince Edward Island for a week.

Day One was pretty well a reprise of their previous visit: a bike ride that included a stop at the bridge and shawarmas in the plaza behind town hall.



The main activity of Day Two was a trip to the Blakeney Rapids. The water is low now, but the kids were able to have a bit of fun.




Other than those outings, JJ busied himself working on a dragon version of the zodiac. He would find an image of the computer. I would print it out, and he would trace the outline.


Danica did some weaving of friendship bracelets.


She also spent a lot of time entering her pedigree (ancestry) into a database. She did mine too. I have done this twice in the past but lost both versions due to one software change and one computer death. Here's a screenshot of mine that it too tiny to read, but you can zoom in when you are in the actual program. I am the slightly bolder blue box in the bottom third; my ancestors are above and my descendants below. I think they lay it out really well.



It is a free online service at https://www.familyecho.com/ if you're interested.

9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Precious time with the kids.

You did well to get back as far as you did in the family line!

Barbara Rogers said...

Love hoping around on rocks in a stream/river. Well, I used to, I should say. Glad you see you in biking gear...and these are fine examples of family photos! I do ancestry and get lots of hints from other people, but they are getting a bit out of hand these days, hints, I mean. Too many that are from centuries different than the person being considered. It's good to see a young person interested in it!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Great family photos! Your grandchildren have lots of different interests and I think will never be bored.

Vicki Lane said...

I love seeing all the family fun!

William Kendall said...

It sounds like you enjoyed yourselves.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like everyone had a good time -- together and then doing their own projects and of course yours was being the photographer.

Shammickite said...

How far back can you go on the family tree?

Joanne Noragon said...

You must hear this all the time: How those children have grown!

Jenn Jilks said...

That is really fun!
I love the river. We had lunch in Almonte, just for fun. At the pub on the river.