Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Sunday Morning Fog

It was not my intention to rise early on Sunday morning. Not at all.

But when I got up at 4 to go to you know where, I saw that it was foggy out.

Says I to myself, "Hmm, there may be a photo op here."

Although I lay my bod back down for a few minutes, the game was up, and so was I.

But where to go?

I decided on the little bridge and the adjacent trail bridge.

Looking up the little bridge.


I decided to try a selfie. I can connect my phone to my camera and fire from there.


I tried a few others but found that the connection wasn't reliable, at least not at any distance. I had hoped to get a photo from this viewpoint of me on that bridge, but it was a bridge too far. heh heh

So, I crossed back over the bridge to the other side of that building in the background above and took the shot that I first visualized after parking the car over there. But I didn't have my wide angle lens on at that point. Now, I took the time to put it on. I guess this is the best photo of the morning although it won't win any prizes.


Next, I decided to go up onto the trail bridge. Once again the lens was wrong, so I trooped back to the car to put on my longer lens. There were fishers in the fog. I like the first photo somewhat; it is probably my second favourite photo of the morning.



Just for the heck of it, as a parting shot, I decided to get a quick pic of spider webs on the bridge. Why not, eh?


It was still foggy, and I could have gone to another location, but I hadn't been perky to begin with that morning, so home went I.




11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great shots in the fog!

Waking early and then having something on your mind ruins my sleep too. May as well get up and go!

Jenn Jilks said...

Lovely photos!
There is something about the fog.

Vicki Lane said...

I love the fishers in the fog!

Barbara Rogers said...

Well done...and congrats on getting out there so early. Spider webs sharpness are a good contrast to all the soft edges of the fog.

Mage said...

I like the spider webs best of all. That guy in the middle was slightly lazy in comparison to his friends on either side.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Love the spider webs. I imagine fog and mist are the most challenging conditions for photography. Well, among the most.

Tabor said...

You have captured a lovely mood at where you live. Worth getting up for!!

William Kendall said...

The second to last is my favourite.

Joanne Noragon said...

Well, you done good with those fisher men in the fog.

Shammickite said...

I like the spider webs!
I was up early that foggy Sunday morning too.... heading to the baseball diamond for tournament playoffs. Hard to play baseball in the fog but it soon cleared.... but the team lost 7-8!

lindamagen said...

Amazing shots by you, pure class of photography. Love the stuff shared by you. Spider web is my favorite one. I also have interesting stuff in my blog, click here for that.