Monday, August 12, 2019

At Gillies Bridge

Gillies Bridge, the little bridge, was the subject of the previous shoot. The next morning, I went to that bridge itself, hoping for good light to emerge downriver toward sunrise. But it didn't really happen. I added a warming filter in edit to the second photo, but it's not the real thing. It is better, though.



One shouldn't be too disappointed. Landscapes photographers have been known to travel far only to find poor conditions and get no great shots. This was just a mile away.

However, before I returned home, I took a couple of photos of the abandoned buildings adjacent to the bridge. I am much happier with these. That's how it often works, what you plan doesn't really work out so well, but something else comes to the rescue — at least partly.



7 comments:

Marie Smith said...

My favourite is the last photo. The red highlights the scene!

Tabor said...

My sunsets are 90% disappointments. I do love old architecture.

Mara said...

The house with the red roof looks great. I wouldn't mind living in it.

Barbara Rogers said...

Don't get too used to getting up early, you'll start to think you have a job to go to every day!

Jenn Jilks said...

Serendipity prevails!
I went out to photograph the one monarch chrysalis I spotted and I couldn't manually focus it. Old age...
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

You're on a roll here....The stone house is interesting. Was that an available building material in your area?

William Kendall said...

I like these.