Sunday, August 18, 2019

Back Again in the Morning

Somewhat late evening, Bob texted me, wondering if I would like to go back to the sunflowers for sunrise. I wasn't sure and told him that I would text him in the morning if I was all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

In preparation, I did gather my stuff, and I set my alarm for the usual 4:15. It turned out that I didn't need it as I arose at 4 on my own. This is good as it doesn't break Sue's sleep.

It wasn't so much the sunflowers that were our prime objective, but we thought that we might get a good sunrise over the farmstead and adjacent cornfields. In point of fact, we didn't turn out that way, for as the sun got closer to rising the few clouds that had been there earlier just disappeared. We did get a glow, however, and it was nice enough. (There are a few clouds in the two earlier photos but none in the second pair.)





But there was a lagniappe awaiting us. The full moon was still up in the opposite direction. Moons are tricky business, especially if you're trying to get them in context, but I managed to some degree. What I did was take my best moon photo of the lot and paste it into the correct position in the other shots.




Perhaps, my favourite shot of the morning was the last-minute one sans tripod. Go figure.


Bob says that he wants to try for sunrise one more time if possible with clouds.

7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh I ove that last one. And the long shot of the road going toward the farm buildings. I like distances (at least inferred). But those moons are sure pretty too. Good luck on getting clouds!

Marie Smith said...

Spectacular shots! All!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I do think those sunrise and sunset times to take photos are very worth it, even if sometimes you need to wake up at such an ungodly hour! Oh, my. That moon is amazingly beautiful, and such an unusual color.

Mage said...

You are doing some wonderful stuff. :)

Vicki Lane said...

These are lovely! Those delicate shadings--and, of course, the moon!

Jenn Jilks said...

It's great to have a partner in crime!
Amazing photos.

William Kendall said...

Idyllic! I love that last view particularly.