Sunday, August 04, 2019

Classic Car Parade & Street Dance

Are we tired yet? I am. Yesterday, I could barley force myself to shuffle through the crowd and vendors on the very hot main street for the Bridge Street Summer Fest. Consequently, I was very unambitious about picture taking. This is quite alright as I was sure that Bob would be doing his usual enthusiastic job.

But Friday night was quite a party. First the classic car parade and then the dance at market square.

Since I knew the cars were all or mostly coming to the square, I just settled there and waited for them to round the final bend. It was just as well as it was a spot where they had to slow way down, as shown in these two photos.



They parked all of the way up the street with some out of sight and others not attending the dance at all.


My two favourite cars parked adjacent to each other. They are at opposite extremes of spit and polish, but I like them both.


Later I nabbed a photo of the people who drove the shiny car. I decided to show you a retro-style, but I was torn because the colour version is also very good.


The band, Eddie and the Stingrays, played old time rock and roll and were quite fabulous. The place was so packed that it was difficult to get photos.



The crowd. There were plenty seated too.


A few of the dancers. The first lady is a friend of sorts.





We were expecting company, so we didn't stay for the second set, but I clicked this shot before we departed.


It was really a great event.

8 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Lovely lady dancing friend of yours! And great vintage cars too! Thanks for dragging yourself around o capture these.

Mage said...

You survived, had fun, then went home to have more fun. Bravo.

Marie Smith said...

It looks like a fun time. The old cars provided a glimpse back through time.

Joanne Noragon said...

I must modify yesterday's remark: Interesting times and place! What a nice event.

MARY G said...

Nice story photos. Kudos on doing your civic duty while tired and hot.

Jenn Jilks said...

Is it a very white town?!

William Kendall said...

The classic cars are quite a treat!

Broken Cars Hub said...

Thanks For Showing The Great Vintage Car Cash For Cars