Friday, August 30, 2019

A Somewhat Later Morning

Another morning. Another early photo outing.

But not early enough. Despite being licked awake by the cat at 4 o'clock and the alarm being set for 4:45, I didn't get up until 5. It's not as though I slept through the alarm, for after being awakened by the cat, I shut it (the alarm not the cat) off to keep from disturbing Sue. I had thought that I was quite awake and didn't need it, but I did drift off again for a few minutes.

Even then, I couldn't quite get going, so I was a bit late out the door. I sat in the car in the driveway wondering where the heck I should go and decided on the local trail by the river. It's just a few blocks away.

Once upon a time, I had taken a decent sunrise shot there, but with the water full of algae on this day, I turned away from the river.

And I simply shot the sunrise in the other direction. There are houses in the frame, but I don't think they are too distracting, and I like how a v-shape points to the sunrise I was also keen to get the crescent moon in the shot.


Since I was there, I did a landscape (horizontal) shot too, but that misses the moon.


I began to drive the few blocks toward home but decided to check out the park since I could see that the sky was still pretty nice.



None of these are worthy of printing, and I knew that would be the case, so I even shot hand-held for that reason. But I did see a decent sunrise with my own two eyes, and I like some of the photos too. Just not enough to print, I don't think.


10 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

The moon shot is lovely...and reflected sunrise in the water. Glad you were out there (brrrr) capturing the moment.

Marie Smith said...

Love the photos through the trees, AC.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

You are going to turn into a very early morning person! I like these shots you get so early.

MARY G said...

Darn fine shots, by anyone's standard. And yes, the moon shot.

Shammickite said...

You are really getting up early these days! Making the most of the warm weather I suppose. You won't be so keen to get out of bead in the middle of February!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots!

Telling yourself 'five more minutes' usually results in a half hour or hour later.

Mage said...

I'm sorry that you are not happy with these. They are very british and very Victorian in feel.

Joanne Noragon said...

I like them too, and I didn't have to get out of bed.
Cats lick us because they think we are big cats and that's what cats do to other cats they like.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sometimes, you are more of a perfectionist than most of us, John, and understandably so since you shoot so much more. I did enjoy the sunrise through the trees in the last photos.

Vicki Lane said...

I love the shot with the moon -- and I really love the last photo through the trees.