Thursday, January 06, 2022

Township Fireworks, Part 3

This third post will actually be some of my faves from the fireworks photoshoot. These are exposures that I looked at more closely after my first run through.

Some of the bursts were very big and almost seemed to loom overhead. This ↓ is the best one that I managed to catch. It almost seems like it was in front of that windmill, but it wasn't actually.

I only managed to catch one fairly big, blue burst ↓ . I like it for the colour, particularly as it goes with the lights on the  trees and windmill. This one, I confess to enlarging a bit for effect. It's not outlandish to do that in my opinion because when you focus with your eyes , you lose sight of the surroundings, and it actually seems bigger.

Finally, I loved the following mostly white burst as well as the shape. I composited it with the low burst although as I wrote earlier, I did get some photos where the low and high occurred together. I also took some license with this composite by moving the big burst up and left to give it clearance from the low burst. While I do try to keep a lot of my outdoor photos very realistic and natural, I feel no hesitancy in manipulating adjusting these kinds of photos to improve the impact.  Aside from fiddling with placement in a few cases, the actual lights are as they were, or at least as the camera saw them.

I might make one more post to depict the lows and highs occurring simultaneously. 




10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great captures, AC.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes, that last shot is great, with asymmetrical balance of the explosives.

Tabor said...

Those are good. I have always had to use the auto setting for fireworks on my point and shoot and it does fairly well, but I would never have the courage to do it on manual!

Marcia said...

Can't decide which I like best.

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous!

Jenn Jilks said...

I hope you sell them all and make a fortune!
My grandie has taken up her late grandfather's camera! He seldom used it. I'm the one that used it all the time. It's rather funny.
She's pretty good, too!

Margaret said...

Those are incredibly clear and vibrant. The last one looks like it's raining sparks. Beautiful!

The Furry Gnome said...

Great captures!

Joanne Noragon said...

You're having fun; not too much I hope.

PipeTobacco said...

I wrote down your settings from the other day and will try them next time there are fireworks.

I like the first image especially….. the colors are very unique and strong!!!

PipeTobacco