Tuesday, January 04, 2022

Township Fireworks, Part 2

As promised, or perhaps threatened, I have more fireworks photos to show you. But since I have already introduced the shoot, I don't need to give you the background spiel again. Lucky you.

Red is the flavour of the day.


The next and final one, for now, is a composite. The high fireworks were interspersed with low ones closer to the schoolhouse. I decided to composite one high photo with one low one. I actually caught a photo or two in camera with a juxtaposition like this, but this is not that.

I have more images that I have only seen in passing while I developed the above photos. I will likely have another look and make another post, or maybe two, before I will get it out of my system. It's been so long since I photographed fireworks, and I really like to do this.

12 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I like the buildings outlined that way too. The double burst is great.

MARY G said...

Totally enjoyed these. Hello blue tree.

Patio Postcards said...

WOW - those are photos for the January of the photo calendar.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great photos...I love that you still consider your editing practice "developing."

Ed said...

Fireworks on New Years Eve isn't really a thing down here. But on my travels to the Philippines, it is almost a religion there. In fact in the last several hours leading up to midnight, I donned a hard had and stood under a palm tree to shield me from the shrapnel as the fireworks were everywhere. I imagined it felt like being between the front lines of World War I during the Battle of the Bulge. The Sulphur is so thick it was hard to breath at times. In fact, one member of our party suffered a shrapnel gash to the back of his hand from falling debris. Fortunately, the last time I was back there before Covid, their President Duterte put the kabosh on things and most of that went away.

Marcia said...

The second is my favorite.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's an understatement to say that you did great with the fireworks shots, AC, and thanks for braving the frozen fingers to share these with us. A great way to start a new year!

Margaret said...

They are excellent! People went crazy on fireworks around here for the NY but it was too cold for me to go out and enjoy them. I'm a weather wimp.

The Furry Gnome said...

Interesting how the smoke shows up more in the photos than in real life.

William Kendall said...

Good shots! I heard some on New Year's Eve, but there were no official fireworks.

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you shared the fireworks -- I liked the first bunch but these even better. Terrific!

Jenn Jilks said...

I like the bright red!
I'm not really happy with fireworks. The critters, domestic and wild, loathe them. I've a video of a doe on the trailcam running like stink from them.