Saturday, January 15, 2022

Caturday 33: Lacey Likes Plush

After having the temerity to feature other cats and even a dog last week, I am trying to repair bridges with Lacey this week by featuring just  her. Whether she can forgive me my lapse is yet to be determined. I need to get out of her dog-house so to speak. 

I would say cat-house, but that has other connotations, doesn't it? I mean to say I have never been in what is sometimes referred to as a cat-house, for I have lived a very sheltered and circumspect life. And if Lacey had put me in an actual cat-house, there is a question about whether I would ever want to leave.


Ahem: shall we get right onto the narrative of Lacey Likes Plush.

I keep a blanket on my chair in all seasons. In summer it stays under me to protect the fabric and me from the pickiness thereof. Well, I do that in winter too, but I also have one to go over me to keep me warm. It is plush and heated.

Just the plush is enough to attract the cat. 

I swear that she had hardly bothered with my chair for months, but almost the instant that I put the plush blanket on it, she was drawn like a moth to a flame. I don't know what attracted her when she just sauntered by the chair as only she can saunter, but she knew something was different and that she'd like it.

The blanket in question is the red one. Do you see how I have tried to keep her away from settling herself on the char, even trying to block her access with a cushion?


I don't mind her on my chair. She can sleep there all night if she wishes. But I like to use it at times during the day. And I don't like to shoo her off once she is there and settled.

It seems that nothing will thwart her: not cases of pop, sweaters or what have you.


Here she is at my feet whilst I read your blogs on my iPad. But that's okay because she never sits on people for a long time, about ten minutes being her limit.


Here is two seconds of her being cute, blast her royal furriness.  (I want to say are two seconds, but I think is is correct as it is one clip that is two seconds long. Are you there Mary? Note: Mary is my grammar guru.)


Now, about cat-houses . . .

13 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Smart cat. She has trained you well, AC.

DJan said...

I think all cats like plush! She has forgiven you now, I expect. :-)

Boud said...

I'm liking more and more the idea of a heated throw. Must investigate that.

Barbara Rogers said...

She looks rather elegant with those beautiful textures and colors. She must be thinking that you've arranged all this for her (of course, the whole of her household is designed just for her) and that it was pretty bland until she arrived to give just the royal catness!

Jeanie said...

I look at this post and it's very disconcerting! (If you see my current post and the last photo, you'll see why.) I have lived that chair story with the plush anything every day for nine years! And apart from Lizzie's moustache, she and Lacey could be the same cat! There can never been too many cat posts for me, especially with one so beautiful!

Karen said...

I have a gray blanket like yours. My old lady cat likes it too. When I'm wrapped up in it to watch TV upstairs, she wants to be inside too. When I toss it off, she'll lay on top of it "cold". Finicky felines eh!

MARY G said...

Plush blanket magnet for sure. I would use the plural, as 'clip' is only understood in that sentence, making the 'is' sound wrong. Go with the flow, as they say. Whatever you use, actually, would not be a catastrophic mistake.

Debby said...

I like the look she's giving you as she settles down in her chair. On her plush.

Hmmmm. Mabel sounds like a real character..

Margaret said...

Aww, she's kneading the red blanket. I would like to sit on that too; it looks soft and comfy.

Marcia said...

Maybe it's the color that draws her there?

William Kendall said...

She likes things just so.

Joanne Noragon said...

Cat houses will take some research. As for her attraction to this blanket, you are overlooking her senses of smell and hearing, and probably several more.

Jenn Jilks said...

I think it is 'are 2 seconds', but that's just me.
What a cat. You've done well by her.