Monday, January 03, 2022

At the Horse Farm with Santa Bob

On our pre-New Year romp, we ended up at riding stables somewhere in the next township. The hilite of the visit was meeting a fab cat, but I will save him for Caturday.

There were several fields of horses. They didn't look outstanding in dreary fields on this dreary day, but I do have this one snap to share.


In the barn, I found Santa pursuing his hobby. He was going incognito after Christmas, but he didn't fool me.


I did take a few photos in the barn. There were several horses in a small stall, waiting for riders. I am showing two photos that look like the same horse, but I think their markings are a little different. I would think that they must be kin, however. Or maybe it is the same horse twice. For whatever reason, I decided that these photos should be in B&W. 



There was another barn on the property that looked good enough beyond the trees and fence.


It was a pleasant stop, but wait until you meet the cat.

19 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Oh you tease you. What fun being with the horses & ponies & I do believe that is Santa picking out my 2022 Christmas gift - a horse of my own!

Jeanie said...

You're right. The photos look perfect in black and white.

Marie Smith said...

Love the shots of the horses, AC. Such wonderful animals.

DJan said...

Cat? What cat? I can't wait. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Great change of pace in your posts! I never know what you'll photograph next! And my vote is for 2 horse portraits. They look very wise somehow.

gigi-hawaii said...

I love horses. Magnificent beasts! Love your photos of the fireworks. Happy new year to you and your family.

Rita said...

Beautiful horses. Can't wait to meet the cat. :)

Ed said...

Photographing old barns has been a side passion of mine for quite some time. So my favorite was your last picture.

Celia said...

Love the horse photos, they can be patient creatures at times. Barns, horses and the soon to come cat. All go together,

Terra said...

I do love horses and rode at a riding stable when a preteen and teen. That was a fun outing for you.

Boud said...

Those horses have interesting facial expressions!

Margaret said...

One horse looks darker than the other or is it just my imagination?

The Furry Gnome said...

Can't wait!

William Kendall said...

Such beautiful horses.

Vicki Lane said...

That last picture looks like a painting--very nice!

MARY G said...

Texture on the horses is excellent. And I like the muted colours in the barn shot.

Joanne Noragon said...

That was a cold winter day post.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Look like there in their winter coats.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Jenn Jilks said...

There is something about horses!