Friday, September 10, 2021

I Forgot to Post

I was cleaning out my Blogger photo folder when I spied some fairly recent photos that I ordinarily would have deleted by now, had I posted them. I had to question whether I had posted them and then forgotten to delete them or whether I had forgotten to post at all.

Although I suspected that I hadn't posted, I really didn't know for sure. What with also posting to Flickr and FB, I tend to lose track of what I have done where and when. That's why I like to delete those photos once I have used them, and I have three separate folders to help me keep track.

A scroll through recent blogs revealed that I hadn't posted them, so now I will. Oddly enough, when you consider that most of my photos have been blue hour morning shots, these were taken during evening's golden hour. Evening! Can you believe it?

About a week prior to returning with the camera, I had noticed some interesting light on a tree as I was passing by. After some time, and somewhat surprisingly as well, that memory kicked in*, and I headed over with the camera at around 6 o'clock. I couldn't find a clean composition from my original point of view from the car, but I wandered about and did get this photo with the tree at the end of the walkway.

That one ↑ showed the long caving path, which I liked. The next photo ↓ is closer, and reveals the tree more.

Finally, I took a close one of just the branches and the leaves. It's probably my fave of this little shoot – just lines and colour.


* My memory or lack of same is somewhat surprising and unusual. I don't tend to completely forget a lot of items such as this, but they do go into hiding somewhere inside my cranium until something or other retrieves them. Unfortunately, it is then, very often, too late to do anything about it.



18 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Nice photo story of the tree. I think I like the 2nd photo, but oh a curving path leading the eye & the imagination always gets bonus points. Glad you found to share.

Marie Smith said...

These are golden hour golden for sure, AC.

MARY G said...

I am also a fan of the second photo, but they are all good.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

For once I disagree with your choice of #1 photo. I prefer the first one ... mainly because of the lovely path that leads to the water and highlights the different trees.

DJan said...

I like the last one very much!

Barbara Rogers said...

These are all great photos...so glad your memory kicked a bit in your cranium to go looking for them! Isn't it fun getting to these golden years?

Vicki Lane said...

Such good photos! Light is so tricky to do justice to.

Tabor said...

I like the lighting and composition of them all. I try to delete my blogger folder as well, so that I don't repeat myself. I od have a whole folder of photos labeled Sun on wood and trees.

Karen said...

I'm surprised the last photo touched me on some emotional level which I can't explain.

gigi-hawaii said...

I can't keep track of your photos, but these of the tree look very pretty. I love the yellow.

Your grandkids are so cute in the photos in your previous post. Blessings!

Margaret said...

I love all of them but especially the second photo. The light is amazing!

William Kendall said...

I like these.

Joanne Noragon said...

All are nice, the last one especially.

Debby said...

I love the curve of that tree!

Rita said...

That's a unique tree. I like the second one the best--close to focus on it but not too close. I like seeing how far down the branch is to the ground. :)

Kay said...

I totally FORGET that I've posted about a topic before and will rewrite about the same thing. And then, I just hope people have forgotten too.

Jenn Jilks said...

It is a lovely park!

John Brad said...

what a lovely picture you have clicked lets keep these beautiful pictures in a lovely photography folders