Sunday, September 19, 2021

Enjoyment and Contemplation

Sue and I needed to withdraw for a few moments of quiet contemplation, so we headed to our quiet bench in the park around the corner, where there is a large enough gap in the foliage to see across the river.

Two nice boys came by and asked if it would bother us for them to play within our sightlines. Certainly not. One is shown in this picture.

Of course, we always take a selfie, but when the boy in the photo noticed that we were struggling to activate the phone from my watch and laughing about it, he offered to help.


Eventually, we figured it out. I had been pressing the wrong button. I blame it on Sue who was instructing me in this as she has in so many things.



We enjoyed the interaction with the boys as well as our selfies, but it was also a time for contemplation and acknowledgment of a friend's passing.




17 comments:

Rosalea said...

I've been enjoying your blog for a while now. You are such a lovely couple, and that pic is just plain beautiful!

Jenn Jilks said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
This is such a lovely park. You two look wonderful.

Marcia said...

Sorry to read that last sentence. It's tough to lose a friend. I hope it wasn't a Covid death.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great selfies, which weren't...so great portraits! So sad about loss of friend. I know the feeling. Contemplation is good.

Christina said...

I am sorry for your loss John and Sue.

Nice photographs of both of you.

Vicki Lane said...

You are a fine looking couple. So sorry about the loss of your friend. May their memory be a blessing.

Karen said...

What a nice, well raised child, offering to help a couple of elders.
Sorry for your loss. It's not easy in these strange times.

Celia said...

Lovely place to sit. Sorry for your loss.

Margaret said...

So sorry about your loss. What gentlemanly young men--more polite than many (most?) adults. The light is spectacular in that one photo of the two of you. The wrong button?? Oh, my, I'm so guilty of that.

DJan said...

I am sorry for your loss. So many people are transitioning as the days and weeks pass. Love your selfies and the polite boys.

Mage said...

The boys did great with the pictures.
I'm so sorry that your friend died.

Marie Smith said...

Sorry about your friend.

Those were good boys by the sound of it.

MARY G said...

Sue and bench gets my vote. If I need help with my media, I look for a boy about 12. Never fails.

William Kendall said...

I'm sorry about your friend.

Joanne Noragon said...

Peace to your friend, and kudos to the two of your for kindness to the young men.

Red said...

You spent your working life with kids. You know they are helpful. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

Rita said...

A good reason to contemplate and fortuitous to have polite young boys happen upon you. ;)