Thursday, September 09, 2021

Back to School 2021

I almost forgot the first-day-back-to-school photoshoot that the kids' stepmother had planned, but I rushed out at the last minute to participate a little bit. She was busy taking photos of the kids holding signs when I arrived, so I just hung about for a bit. My first snap was of the three older kids, who will be in the same school, with JJ in the centre and Dani on the right.


Later, I was able to get all four of them on the balcony to reprise a photo that I have done in previous years. I did alter it a bit; the youngest on the far left looked better in a different rendition of the photo, so I swapped her head into this one.


When stepmom later posed the pair at the front door, I took a series of quick shots and decided to make them into a strip.


To make a single photo, I took the two snaps on the right, above, and put Danica's head from one into the photo that I liked best of Jonathan.


I think my favourite photo of the brief shoot was a quick candid of Jonathan. I prefer this one in bw, but I will show both versions.



For some reason, we didn't do a proper portrait shoot this year. By that, I mean that we didn't take the time to go a nice location in good lighting and then set up shots with greater thoughtfulness, like these two from 2019, which look good on prints displayed in my den.



13 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good ones!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Al are growing up quickly as evidenced in these annual back to school photos.

Barbara Rogers said...

It's much better, in these mobile domestic days, than the markings each year of their heights on some door post. Our homes frequently change before they are grown, at least mine do. Loved your grands in their "back to school" photos.

Marie Smith said...

Our daughter does the doorstep photos with signs every year for the kids too. The kids grow so much from year to year.

Great photos as always, AC. Hope this is an uninterrupted year for kids across the country this year!

Karen said...

Lovely photos all! I guess the children missed out on photos last year.
I didn't see any of my grandies

Margaret said...

These are wonderful photos! I wish I'd even done pictures when my girls were school age. All I have is a random assortment of official school portraits which are usually terrible.

Joanne Noragon said...

Great photos, and I won't tell if you take first day back pictures later this week or next.

Red said...

The start of school photos is a great family tradition.

Rita said...

These are great! They are growing up so fast. :)

DJan said...

Love these wonderful shots. They will be cherished forever, I suspect.

MARY G said...

As long as you have a record. I have an album for each child with school pictures from almost every year. The one I cherish the most, however, shows them hanging by their knees from the side bar of their swing - to the detriment of the nice new school tights. Fun and funny, as they were. And still can be.

Kay said...

You truly have the most beautiful grandchildren!!!

Jenn Jilks said...

You are such an excellent photographer! Mind you, great subjects!