Friday, September 03, 2021

Birthday Breakfast

I had almost forgotten about my birthday, or at least it wasn't on my mind when I got up. When I turned on the computer, however, I received a pop-up notice that a longtime friend had sent a Jacquie Lawson card. She sends me one of these beautiful, animated cards every year. Sadly, I can only show you a screen capture of one frame.


My second surprise was of Sue coming into the den with a gift. We are planning a little family celebration this evening, so I wasn't expecting anything yesterday morning.


It's a very light-weight hoodie, very handy for offering a bit of protection from the biters when  I go out for one of my buggy photoshoots in summer. Yet, with the long sleeves and hoodie, it also offers somewhat extra warmth on a cool morning in the house, which yesterday most definitely was.

I was expecting the next thing, however – breakfast on the patio. Although the day was chilly, it's still a grand spot. (The pano does show distortion on the right, but that doesn't matter.)


Despite the coolness, I enjoyed breakfast.



Sue remembered the obligatory selfie, which I would have forgotten.


On the way home, we stopped for our usual Fall Mums, but we strayed a way from the standard yellows and oranges although there is still some yellow in these baskets.


When we got home, I had to get a snap of this.


Two work crews arrived to the same spot on the same day. One to do something or other in a backyard, and the other to remove the old neighbourhood mail boxes and install the new ones. I'm sure it was a most unappreciated synchronicity by both crews.


17 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy 🎂Birthday to you, John, and from this photo post, it looks like you had a great day!

Marcia said...

A great celebration. What did the grands get you?

Barbara Rogers said...

Love those umbrellas on the patio...as well as your new hoodie, and you must like to drink a hot cuppa something or another...coffee?

Should Fish More said...

Looks like a fine start to a very Happy Birthday!

Celia said...

Happy Birthday, great way to celebrate a birthday.

Marie Smith said...

Belated best wishes. Another year to enjoy coming up!

Christina said...

Happy Birthday John!

gigi-hawaii said...

Happy birthday to you and your younger child. September 2 is not a bad day to be born on. Better than September 3. LOL.

Margaret said...

Looks like a great birthday and a very thoughtful (and useful) gift. The food photo makes me want to go out to breakfast which I used to do frequently. Unfortunately, most breakfast places around here don't have outdoor dining.

William Kendall said...

The breakfast looks good.

DJan said...

Scrumptious looking breakfast. And that is quite the perfect sweatshirt. I'd like one like that. Happy belated birthday! It looks like it was wonderful. :-)

Red said...

Happy birthday. I hope you have a great day.

Joanne Noragon said...

Happy birthday, John. Continue to have them, you hear!

The Furry Gnome said...

You really are a handsome dude holding your cup of coffee. And that's an awfully good looking breakfast! Happy Birthday.

Doris Potter said...

Nice screen capture of the card. Interestingly, I saw a young rabbit today (although not under a starry night sky).

Rita said...

Happy, happy birthday! The third is our Liam's birthday, too.
Love the hoodie. :)

Kay said...

Happy Belated Birthday, John! Looks like Sue knew exactly what you needed. What a truly wonderful way to spend your birthday. That breakfast looked awesome!