Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Foggy Morning Part 2

Note: Blogger is doing things with my commenting on some blogs. Frumpy Professor and Christina (A Colourful Life) are the two that I had trouble with last night.

=============================

I continued on for quite a piece from the previous set of photos that I showed yesterday, and I didn't find a ton of inspiration. Although I later went through some thick fog on my way home, there was little to be seen in spots where I could feasibly pull over.

Much of this little jaunt was along roads lined with bushes and trees, but I did find the occasional break. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw light beyond a gate, so I parked the car as far to the side as I could. I did take a shot, but it is primarily just a photo of a gate. There is some fairly good light, but there is no compelling subject although that tree in the centre distance does provide a bit of a focal point.


I later saw another gap, so I stopped the car and used the near foliage as a bit of a frame. You can see that the colour change hath begun..


Finally, I saw a lonely tree way off in the distance along with some fog. I did not like how the colour turned out, so I converted the photo to b&w.


Oh . . . I almost forgot about this one. Sequentially, it should have been first in this post. I think the layers work to produce a reasonably good image.


Sometimes, it is fun to shoot, even on the run. Photos don't have to always be superb for one to have enjoyed the process.


15 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Gorgeous photos. It really inspires me to want to get off the patio & roam the local fields for just the "perfect" photo :)

William Kendall said...

The last is my favourite.

I'm having some issues. Photo captcha required on most blogs for more than half each week for the last year or more, and on occasion in a random post a comment will not publish.

PipeTobacco said...

I especially enjoyed the flowers along the fence!

PipeTobacco

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes that last one really pops! I am glad you're out looking around...an artist's eyes see what is potential. I'm going on a day trip today, will see what I can frame with close items, since that looks so good!

MARY G said...

The last one! Winner.
The gate in the first one is so interesting it kind of takes over the shot.

Marcia said...

I like the first one too with the gate askew. Foggy morning here which meant the house painter didn't come because it was too wet. Aggravation. Too many promises and no follow through. Can't switch at this stage since he has had a sizable down payment and no other painter would have the time.

Margaret said...

I love all of them, especially the last one. I also like the one with no focal point. Is every photo supposed to have one? (no wonder my pictures are lousy)

Blondi Blathers said...

Love these! -Kate

Debby said...

That last photo is perfect!

Red said...

Nicely done under some iffy conditions.

The Furry Gnome said...

I like all of those!

Vicki Lane said...

The gate one is beautiful. I also really like the B&W and the layers. Well done!

Jenn Jilks said...

These are amazing.
The B & W is really well done, as well.

Joanne Noragon said...

That last shot is quite good.

Mage said...

What wonderful moments.