Monday, March 01, 2021

Roy Brown Park

A day after our Riverside Park Walk, we trundled over to Roy Brown Park which is near to Riverside. It was also a very bright and cheery day, in which I had decided to use my normal lens and not my long telephoto. Of course, that had to be the one time this year that I spotted the swans. But they were probably too far off even with my long lens.

Just inside the park, we spotted this tree. It looked better in person. I would have needed to get closer and off the packed-down path to get a better photo, particularly to get past the stray branches to the top right. But I wasn't about to attempt that. Still, I think you get a general idea of how good the tree looked witht he light hitting those snowy branches.


We took the path to the right of the above photo and then found a little access down to the river. In the middle of the photo, there is a little white spot, which is one of the swans. And that is the only reason to include this picture. lol

While walking along the woodsy paths we came across a few spots where the light picked up the evergreen trees nicely.


Through a gap there were two brightly lit birches (or a double-trunk single tree). Someone had broken a little trail that way but not enough for me. I stayed on the more used and more packed path.

Upon exiting the park, I decided to photograph the view across the river with the cattails in the foreground. 

As I write this on Saturday morning, it is overcast and snowing fairly hard, so there will probably be no walkies today. There may, however, be some shovelling.

19 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I can see by this post and the previous one that you have a lot more snow then remains here. Saturday morning was a snowy one with light snow which turned to rain and then warmer temps. More rain followed Sunday night and now hardly any snow remains, but spring is not arriving soon. I prefer the snow photos.

Patio Postcards said...

Your photos are fantastic, you capture winter at its best (lol). We had a lot of rain & then freezing rain which has made everything slippery for walking but oh so pretty to look at.

Tabor said...

I know you may be tired of your snow, but I miss the snow here. We are lucky if we get a few days of it for a few months.

Marcia said...

Don't you worry about walking on snow covered paths? Here it may look like just snow but because of some thawing and refreezing the light snow we had Saturday covered over the ice. Dan went down Saturday trying to walk around the car. Nice bruise on his hand from catching himself. When I walk out for the paper I go gingerly watching each spot where I put my feet.

Christina said...

Still proper winter where you are! Snow is just so beautiful (as long as the infrastructure is adequate for keeping roads and footpaths clear).

Anvilcloud said...

Marcia. When icy we are told to walk like penguins with legs spread and stepping down carefully, not sliding the foot. I am not really sure if that's how penguins walk, but it is a memory hook. :)

gigi-hawaii said...

What a memory hook it is. LOL. Anyway, the snow looks very different from our Hawaiian scenery.

Margaret said...

I'm discovering that trees are also beautiful in the winter. I love the light you captured in several of the pictures.

Ed said...

The first evergreen photo is my favorite out of this batch.

Marie Smith said...

The light through the trees is beautiful.

Barbara Rogers said...

So glad to see these...and hear of our walking those snowy trails. Beautiful!

Red said...

Swans are big birds and you want to photograph them but they are just out of good range! I've tried it.

DJan said...

You did get a couple of very nice shots there. I like the snowy walk in the woods ones very much. :-)

William Kendall said...

Your last shot is my favourite.

Joanne Noragon said...

You had a beautiful, sunshinny day.

Kay said...

I do enjoy seeing your snow photos since we obviously don’t get to see those beautiful winter scenes in Hawaii. You do capture them beautifully. I really love it when the light comes through the trees.

Rita said...

I especially love the photos with the sun coming through the leaves.
Have a great week! :)

Mara said...

I love that last photo.

When I go walking, I usually have both lenses that I have with me. I will start off with the closer one, realise it's not enough to catch the little bird, change to the wider one and never see another bird! So, now I start with the wider one and get a bit more result that way.

Jenn Jilks said...

More snow tonight, I see. I love the forest shots, especially.