Tuesday, March 02, 2021

A Few Sue Pics

When we are out for a walk, Sue will also very likely be snapping photos. Quite possibly, she even takes more than I. Here are a few, mostly from our Friday walk.


Although the trail is wide enough, the hard-packed part was narrow, and in spots even narrower than above.

It's an inviting trail, below.

Two more photos, below, to try to emphasize the narrow path that we had to tread. I sometimes slipped off into the deeper snow, always on my bad foot it seemed.


The light was rather nice that day, and Sue caught it a bit in the background branches. 


You may recall my laughable photo of the distant swan. This (below) is where I went to attempt that shot, behind the bramble and onto the edge of the ice.


The final photo is not from a walk, but whenever I go out to shovel, Sue likes to grab her phone to take a picture. I had just finished clearing our short walkway and the area just in front of the garage. The contractor can't get too close to the garage, so we (or sometimes our neighbours) do that part. It also gives the plow guy an indication of how wide to plow. When I say plow, the contractor actually blows the snow onto our lawn.


It surprises me how gray my beard is in front. It doesn't look quite that gray to me in inside light, but the camera really highlights it outdoors. I will never be young again. :)

20 comments:

Ed said...

I keep my hair really short and so I go sometimes weeks without looking at myself in the mirror. So when I do and see how gray my beard is getting, it almost takes my breath away.

Patio Postcards said...

You both have the photographer's eye.

I think this is a Winnie the Pooh saying, & I hope I get it right ... "you're as young as you will ever be, today".

MARY G said...

JG also 'blows' the snow. On the last pass he managed to bury the bird bath. Nice red coat for photos you have there.

Marie Smith said...

Those narrow party’s through the trees are my favourite winter walks.

DJan said...

The red of your coat contrasts very nicely with the snow. Lovely shots, all.

Barbara Rogers said...

Most enjoyable shots...thanks Sue, for letting us see the grumpy old (er, cheerful young) man in your life.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

No complaining AC ... you are still young enough to shovel snow and I love that Sue captures you doing it!

gigi-hawaii said...

Amazing how deep and white the snow is over there in Canada. When I lived in New York, I only remember the grey slush.

Margaret said...

How great that you're getting out to walk, in spite of the snow and bad foot. I was thinking how much dark hair you still have in your beard!

Kay said...

Sigh... that happens to me with the different lights too. It always startles me to see how white my hair is... on my head that is.

Shammickite said...

The red jacket looks good in the snow. My winter jacket is red too..... the warmest winter jacket I have ever had, and strangely I bought it in Florida. Nice snowy pictures.

Mage said...

Neither will I.
Glad for the pictures tho.

William Kendall said...

My building superintendent shovels off the front between the door and sidewalk, but it's only eight feet by eight feet of pavement.

Karen said...

I usually take photos of Michael when he blows the snow down our country lane with the tractor. We often refer back to the dated photos for reference from year to year.

The Furry Gnome said...

You look distinguished!

Jenn Jilks said...

There are those that say we've earned every wrinkle and gray hair!
I don't mind my gray hair, but it is so dry. Do you use beard oil?
As you know, JB walks around the property. We've had to change up our paths, though. Mushy spots became bumpy and hard.
Spring is coming!

Rita said...

What a pretty walk!
You're right. I will never be young again, either. Funny how that snuck up on me--lol! ;)

Doris Potter said...

"I will never be young again" - ah, that is a sad thought ... (said the fellow septuagenarian).

Red said...

The more photos you take the more you learn.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

My daughter always says that a grey beard looks distinguished and it's better to be distinguished than extinguished!