Sunday, March 21, 2021

A Year Later

FB has been reminding me of selfies that we began taking in the early days of the pandemic, like the one below. Evidently, it was cold day, much like it was on Friday when I took those Canada Goose pics of the previous post.


On this specific day, 2020 03 21, Sue and I did one of our car coffees. Looking at my hat with ear flaps down and my coat with a liner, below, apparently, it was quite cold.


A year later we still do the car thing from time to time. This time, we got a burger and onion rings from A&W. To consume it hot, we ate right in the parking lot before heading to our usual spot in the park, where Sue took this photo. Although it was just a burger, the meal was delightful. Little treats are great for the spirits, often better than the big treats. We really enjoyed our lunch in the car, but then A&W is higher up the food chain than some burger joints.

That photo is dark, but it's up now, so it can stay that way.

It was just a little later last year in March that we started the funny pics. As you may recall, we kept this going for quite awhile. This was one of our first funny pics.


Although it was cold at this time last year, this year it is warm. Yesterday, the mercury soared into double digits, reaching 13C/55F. Similar weather or even better is predicted for today, and much of the week will, apparently, be similar.

Now, maybe is a good time to, once again, update the progress of the snow melt by our house. These were the photos, previously posted, from the 12th. You may remember that there had already been much melt by then.



These next photos are from yesterday afternoon, the 20th, just eight days later after a week that had not been especially warm. But the sun is higher and shines longer and the melt continues.

Only a little snow on the shady left remains. I truncated the photo and the snow
because the neighbours were sitting out there.

The late afternoon light flares are provided without extra cost.
I guess I should have gotten the big camera out.

Coming back into the house, I looked on the other side of the snow pile where we have a little garden, I saw one daffodil shoot poking out amongst the litter of fallen leaves. Today, I shall shovel the snow off the bit of the garden that is still covered in case there is any more life stirring under there. I don't think I'll bother with the main pile  that is now well back from the sidewalk but just the bit on the other side from the photo where a little still covers the garden at the edge. It is already thin over on that back side.




9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You are losing that snow for sure. We may lose it this week.

It was lovely to open this post and see your smiling faces.

Marcia said...

I do remember your funny selfies and how much you like A & W. I was moving snow off the deck yesterday. Made a dent in it but there's still 1/6 of the deck with snow. Birdfeeders came down because of bear threat.

Barbara Rogers said...

You have some great photos to share from this year of isolation...and I think I'll have to find out the closest A & W. If I were to eat beef again, I'm afraid my fav is Steak and Shake. But I do occasionally have some chicken (when purchasing at to-go meal).

Margaret said...

Oh, those selfies were so cute! I looked forward to them. Spring is definitely coming with the melting of snow and the beginning of blooming. I still do my car coffee dates, but when I'm fully vaccinated I may step inside the coffee shop. Living dangerously.

DJan said...

I too remember and enjoyed your funny selfies. I was impressed with that gorgeous manicure Sue displayed in that second shot. :-)

Jenn Jilks said...

We have daffies up just a bit!
This is a lovely post. You are such an amazing pair.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's nice to see your smiling faces, once again. The snow is fast melting here as well and seeing lawn areas is a very welcome sight since we are resuming our evening walks as well.

Joanne Noragon said...

Hooray for daffodils to tell us it's spring.

William Kendall said...

A lot of the snow is going now. I'm wondering what that might mean for flooding conditions.