Saturday, March 27, 2021

A Modicum of Colour

As the Brits would say, or at least some whom I have heard, it was chucking it down yesterday. Thursday was super nice but it marked the cessation of our days of unseasonal warmth and sunshine.

On our trail walk, Sue spotted what she thought would make a nice photo, so I gave it a whirl.


I was looking toward the patch of red (above photo). There is also yellow and blue, but the red was far off, and those photos didn't impress me.

My next attempt was just beyond the underpass (which you can also see, above) where the boardwalk makes a turn.


The photo from there turned out fairly well once I cropped and warmed it up somewhat. I put a bit of a filter on the photo. It works well enough at full screen resolution, but it looks too blurry at this size. Nevertheless, I like the large version.


We continued over the swampy portion where I stopped to fire off a few shots, but, as usual. they weren't very interesting.


Back on land on the other side of the boardwalk, I took a few more photos that are adequate IMO, proving that it is sometimes possible to find a bit of colour in March in Canada, especially when the skies are bright and blue.


That is little Grape Island, in both photos. It continues for a short distance on both sides of the overpass which you can glimpse on the photo, below.

 


11 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It chucked it down here all morning, but by early afternoon it had stopped and I was able to get out and do some birding. I was royally entertained by an amorous pair of American Kestrels!

Marcia said...

What is that red plant? Nice to see spring signs.

Vicki Lane said...

You are the patch of red and it makes a good photo! Speaking of chucking down, we had three and a half inches on Thursday. A frog choker. Or, in the local vernacular, like a cow pissin' on a flat rock.

Barbara Rogers said...

I love the last 2 shots...the red is balanced by the clouds and the clear blue beyond them. Thanks for keeping on getting more photos of same subject...I imagine looking over all those negatives on a light table with one of those little magnifiers...but I know you don't do that these days!~

Marie Smith said...

What a lovely place for a walk. So nice to be out and about!

Margaret said...

Nice to see color, but I too am curious about that red plant. My John has a similar shirt to yours, except blue. :)

William Kendall said...

A good day to get out and about!

DJan said...

Looks nice to my eye. And Sue does a great job of capturing the photographer. :-)

Joanne Noragon said...

Just carrying those lenses is a day's workout. I like the Little Grape Island photos.

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done! I was wondering how that path was. Good to see the photographer photographing!

Rita said...

Ilike the contrast of the red and the blue.
Have a great week! :)