Friday, March 26, 2021

The Actual Birthday Day

The never-ending birthday has, in point of fact, finally ended. I was beginning to wonder if we, or at least if I, would make it. I did have one more little gift set aside for morning. Then we did breakfast in the car one more time.


It was another super weather day (probably the last one for awhile), and we could have sat outside if we had thought to load our lawn chairs into the car. Perhaps, our next photo of coffee in the park will actually be in the park. If not the next, then, surely, shortly.

After breakfast, it was too nice to go home. The geese were not in the pond, so we visited an area of the trail that we hadn't walked yet this year.


There is a boardwalk over a swampy section. I have taken pictures from this bridge but never a very good one. Yesterday was no exception. I do have a few others that I will likely post, but I'll save them for now and concentrate on Sue's day rather than my photos.

After arriving back home, Sue received a surprise bouquet from friends before indulging in a pre-dinner glass of wine in her more summery glass. She had just put her winter goblet to the back of the cupboard.



I made supper while Sue consumed her wine. We didn't have a proper dessert because we discovered on the previous evening that the rather expensive pecan pie that I bought was rather horrid. 

Phew! Another March of birthdaying is in the books. I now have a long time to recuperate and recharge before the next one.


18 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I like the way you celebrate over time rather than just a day. We may try it here.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Happy Birthday to Sue. It sounds like a nice way to celebrate. The pictures looked so pleasant and peaceful. There is nothing like nature.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoyed all the recent birthday posts, and a birthday is NEVER really over until the next one comes around, at least in my mind.

Patio Postcards said...

You have now set the standard for all husbands to follow for wife birthday celebrating. I want to thank Sue for that!

I think the photo of Sue on the bridge is quite a good one, so looking forward to seeing your other bridge photos.

Happy Weekend.

DJan said...

Love the sunshine and the great birthday week! Why not mark it with numerous parties? Seems appropriate to me. :-)

Karen said...

Thursday was a beautiful day to be out on tour.

Margaret said...

Those are beautiful flowers, and I'm judging the weather by the lack of poufy jackets. :) It sounds like a great day except for the pecan pie. One of my favorites too. :(

Norma said...

Happy birthday week.

gigi-hawaii said...

What a splendid way to spend Sue's birthday. Nice wine glass, but where is the photo of the dinner you cooked?

Red said...

It's good that you got out and did a few special things to mark the birthday.

Barbara Rogers said...

Sorry to be late commenting today...it's beautiful and warm and sunny here, so I've not been at computer till now. Loved Sue on the boardwalk...and having breakfast coffee in the car, and I wonder which wine she chose to put in her summer-time glass - not to mention what did you cook? Happy ongoing birthday, Sue!

William Kendall said...

I'll be contrary and say that you should have known not to buy pecan pie. :)

I hate pecan pie.

Debby said...

That glass is magnificent! Rainbows all over. I love it.

Joanne Noragon said...

I'm glad the day ended happily enough; a lovely dinner for birthday Sue. On the other hand, anyone who makes a horrid pecan pie, for sale no less, is a downright brute, and I hope you totally withhold your custom in future.

MARY G said...

I think the shot of Sue on the bridge is a good one. Curved bridges are difficult.

Rita said...

What a lovely photo of Sue on the bridge. :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It's great to see the wine in a real glass and a shame to see more disposable cups and plastic lids added to the already overburdened enviornment.

Mage said...

She did take some great shots of you at work. :)