Monday, March 08, 2021

Let Sue Sock it to Ya

Sue sent me this. It is both funny and true. The caption that also came with it and not by Sue was: Yes, I said month and no, I did not make a mistake.

This is so true. We are well into March, her birthday month, and we do this.

It stems from Sue's social life back in our previous home town. First one group of friends would do something for her at one time, and then another group would celebrate at a different time. The joke of a month-long observance came into being. It was I who noted this, so I am to blame now that I have become solely responsible for keeping up the tradition.

It can be little things such as a ride, a walk, or coffee at the park, most of which we would likely do anyway.

This sacred observance this year began at the turn of the calendar last weekend when I asked Shauna to look for a flower when she was doing her weekly shopping. She has also been picking up a few items for us in the pandemic as we attempt to stay out of the grocery store until things calm down a bit more.


Then, after a few days of walks, drives and coffees, the weather confined us to quarters, so I pulled these socks out of the cupboard. I had snuck them into an Amazon order for such a time as this.


Sue got quite a kick out of them.


One more ... a very tiny plant, a similar actual size or smaller than the picture. We don't know what it is, but I suspect that someone reading will likely know.


Yuppers, those are easter eggs.


18 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I like the idea of celebrating my birthday for a whole month. So far I've only be able to introduce a birthday week ...

Nice socks, they look cozy & warm.

Anvilcloud said...

It kind of started as a week. :)

gigi-hawaii said...

Happy birthday, Sue! Aloha from Hawaii. It is warm here and raining, too.

DJan said...

I like the idea of a birthday month and love the socks! :-)

Marcia said...

Very cute socks and the plant is some kind of succulent. As to celebrating for a month, can't be done for me since December is full of another event's celebrating. Oh, well.. But how nice of you to think of Sue for her birthday month.

Barbara Rogers said...

You all are a hoot and a half! May Sue enjoy being queen for a month! Socks are absolutely adorable! Little succulent may have another more specific name, but I just call all those things, succulents. Can't wait to see what other fun things come along for the big Birth-month!

Ed said...

Succulents aren't my forte but if I had to guess, it is in the Haworthia succulent family somewhere.

Margaret said...

I love those socks and approve of any excuse to celebrate!

Marie Smith said...

I think I could get behind a birthday month too! It is looking to be a great one for Sue.

Shammickite said...

YoungerSon's birthday is March 31st. The birthday hints begin on March 1.

Vicki Lane said...

Well done, John! I love the socks!

MARY G said...

Sending month long best wishes.

Joanne Noragon said...

Happy birthday, Sue, and nice sox.

William Kendall said...

Flashy socks!

Rita said...

Happy birthday month! (My birthday is in March, too, but I don't celebrate that long--maybe I should--LOL!) I a bsolutely love those socks!! Flowers and succulent are so pretty, too. Enjoy your birthday month! :)

Debby said...

Queen for a month??? What am I doing wrong?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Why stop at birthday month, Sue? I always wish people a happy birthday year because a birthday only happens once per annum. Belated 🎂 wishes to Sue and the socks looked great too.

Jenn Jilks said...

I can't do a birthday month. Not enough friends, plus it is December!