Saturday, March 06, 2021

Caturday 28: Lacey Gains Focus

I grabbed the compact camera and played with cat photos. I began at 1/30 of a second. The result was okay ...


... until I compared it with this one at 125th second. You can see how the whiskers are much sharper. Even with a higher ISO (sensor sensitivity) which supposedly adds noise/grain, the photo is still much better IMO although that is also partly because I brightened the eyes. Just enough. Ya gotta do edits in moderation.


During the experiment, she yawned. and the movement caused fuzziness, but I'm glad I got the shot.

Oh Lacey, what sharp teeth you have.

She arose and took this position. I thought this photo required a little extra attention and did a mono conversion, I think it helps to reduce the distraction of the pink pillow.

The Haughty Look





14 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The whisker shot if perfect!

Barbara Rogers said...

Hello sweet Lacey! So the big guy pointed the one eyed box your way. It takes such patience to make sure that box sees just the right you!

Tabor said...

I like your patience with experimenting. I did that for while and then forgot what I had learned!!

Shammickite said...

She seems to be enjoying her fame.

Margaret said...

Great photos! She is beautiful. Cats always look haughty. My guy friend says that Mari always looks "pissed off." She can't help that since she is completely black, so she appears without expression. She's not much of a smiler anyway! ;)

MARY G said...

It really shakes me to imagine what Lacey is thinking while you take her photograph. And yes, going mono helps the seated shot. Even so, the look in her eyes is, um, scary. Nice capture on the whiskers.

Karen said...

My critters have a habit of turning away or scaddaling when they see me coming with a camera. Our Miss Kitty looks very much like your sweetie, though she is missing a fang. Hasn't affected her ability to eat or cat mice.

Kay said...

You're lucky to have a model sit still for you. Great shots!!!

DJan said...

Nice portraits of a regal creature. :-)

Joanne Noragon said...

But you lost her magnificent whiskers in monotone.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to have an available subject who didn't seem to mind posing for awhile. I liked the B&W haughty look the best in this group.

Jenn Jilks said...

Lacey is lucky to have you, and vice versa! What a cooperative subject.
Daisy and Nutmeg loathe me taking photos!

William Kendall said...

Such a cutie.

Rita said...

Cats can be hard to photograph but Lacey seems to pose for you. My last cat, Karma, was a poser, too. Lacey's a beautiful cat.