Saturday, January 11, 2020

Caturday 13: Lacey Falls in Love

What a strange cat she is! While she doesn't approach strangers, she does want to be around when they visit. This is true almost every family dinner when we have Sha and the kids over on a weekly basis. Lacey hangs around. She just chills, nothing more.

The same was true when friends visited for coffee just after New Year. They were here most of the afternoon. And so was Lacey at a time when she would normally be napping upstairs by the back window. That's her habitual afternoon spot, but not when we have company.

She was intrigued by Bob's foot.



Bob and Barb have a dog, so we are guessing that's what drew her. When we got her from the shelter, they did mention that she was known to sleep with the dogs. That's what made us think that she might be animal friendly, but when we tried to introduce another cat, this was not a happy place, as I posted in Caturday 4 back in August.

But her fondness for Bob's foot does make us think that she might be tolerant of dogs. Not that we want a dog, you understand, but there are dog-lovers in the extended family, so it just might work out if and when they visit. Fingers crossed.


Sue made a pet talkie of Lacey's deep feelings: "Who is this guy? I think I'm in love."



Toward the end of the afternoon, we showed Bob the guitar that Shauna has left here for the kids should they ever show an interest. Bob can play, so he tried it out.

Lacey was very interested.


All in all, that was an interesting Lacey afternoon.

9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Hi, glad you figured out where all my blogs are now being posted, since I keep commenting on yours! Love the image of you sitting by your warm fire...and Lacey is quite a fat cat now that I saw her with her new love...the foot and Bob! I miss my kitties so do appreciate seeing the antics of yours.

Vicki Lane said...

Cats are strange, that's all there is to it. Part of why I enjoy them so much. Dogs are very much of and in our world but cats seem to inhabit some parallel universe that now and then intersects with ours. Bob's foot is probably some sort of nexus between the two.

Jenn Jilks said...

She is a hoot! She's landed in a lovely home!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

How darling Lacey is, if irrational by our standards. (And who is to say that ours are any better.) I love Sue's video!

Marie Smith said...

Lacey is nosy and adorable. She doesn’t want to miss out on anything!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I think you may be on to something about the dog smell. At least she gets close enough to the new person and doesn't hiss or get all territorial like mine does. Cats are strange and not for everyone, but I surely love mine as I can tell ya'll love yours.

Joanne Noragon said...

I do like your Lacey posts.

Mara said...

Well, she sure looks good in those photos. Mine has a fondness for feet too: to bite and claw! I always have to be careful when I put my feet anywhere near her! Hope Lacey doesn't do that.

William Kendall said...

Lacey is such a sweetie.