Thursday, January 23, 2020

Jam and Sled

I have not been too keen to really get into the sledding photos and videos that I shot the other day. Perhaps if I hadn't been otherwise engaged yesterday, which was the day after, I would have done better by now. But, I had a medical appointment in the morning and a musical jam to attend in the afternoon.

The jam was mostly for the benefit of my guitar-playing friend, Bob, for I knew some of the people there, but he didn't, so I helped with introductions. It would have bee difficult for Bob just to show up on his own at a stranger's door. There were about 5 guitar players, a fiddler, and one fellow doing something with a strange percussion instrument that I have never seen before. I think there were 5 of us without instruments, who came to sing a few pieces.

Bob didn't take his guitar this time, wanting just to get a feeling for the session. He has decided that he will return with his instrument next time. It made me wish that I could still play the fiddle, but I gave that up years ago. I do wonder about the mandolin which would be easier on the body but has the same strings as the violin. However, whatever music was printed was just lyrics with chord notes for guitars and not real music notation.

Anyway, I may return once more to take photos. Maybe.

Back to the sledding: I have only dealt with a few of the more up close up, portrait style photos. I do hesitate to call them portraits as that word connotes careful planning. So let us say that they are mainly candid portraits where you get the subject to pause briefly: 2 of JJ, and 1 each of Sue and Danica.





I have some more less portraity candids. This one of Danica taking a spill is, perhaps, my fave of the outing.


JJ not falling on the saucer.


Danica using my camera to take the footage of me that you saw yesterday.


Danica, JJ, and friend trying to build a little jump.


I'm glad we made the effort.

9 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Ah, lots of fun.
I hope your health issues are good.
There is so much going on in CP!

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautiful...the snow gives such generalized lighting and wonderful background to these shots. Your camera work continues to shine.

Marie Smith said...

It is great to get the kids outdoors for a bit of fun! It looked like a great day for it too.

Tabor said...

Poetraits are the most difficult for me. I am highly critical of what I do in that genre and with good reason, because I am so mediocre.

Joanne Noragon said...

A lot of fun snow pix. I'd like to know more about a "jam" for someone.

dellgirl said...

Oh cool, more fun in the snow.The photos are beautiful, everybody looks so happy. Glad you all had fun! Thanks for sharing the adventure, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like fun. Sad to say, I have never been sledding in my life not even in my (much) younger days and now I satisfy myself with occasional snow shoeing where I can remain upright with poles for added support.

Kay said...

These are really awesome shots! What great memories they will be. You’ve captured their fun and happiness.

William Kendall said...

Good shots, AC!