Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Our Final Run

It has been three years since we took the kids sledding. Back then, we would have them for a Snow Day (school cancelled), and so, we'd usually get to the hill once a winter.

Times change, and we are no longer their before and after school drop-in centre, and we have missed having them on snow days. However, due to circumstances, they had the day off yesterday. We picked them up in late morning, fed them lunch, and took them to the hill.

But this post isn't about them. It's about us.

Both Sue and I wanted to do at least one run in our seventies. We were both 69 on the previous outing.

We shot video to memorialize the event, but it didn't work out very well.

I went first, but Danica wanted to be the videographer. The trouble is that she zoomed and moved the camera mercilessly. Out of however much footage she shot, I managed to salvage a few seconds.

This is my run. I could hardly get my body on the toboggan, but I persisted and made it down the hill.



But Sue was even less fortunate. In the cold, I thought I had pressed the video button, but I missed and only discovered that when I uploaded the event when I got home.

Sigh.

(No doubt, there will be further sledding posts.)

11 comments:

Marcia said...

We haven't been sledding in years. Has more to do with no snow, no sleds, than anything else. But in February we are going to a West Virginia Park for three nights which has a sled run. They provide the sleds and a conveyor belt to get you to the top for a 1/4 mile run. Now we hope they have snow. I'll take pictures.

Vicki Lane said...

Well done, you and Sue!

Jenn Jilks said...

Now, you'll have to go back for a full report and video footage!

I haven't been in ages. We've been trying to find a time for the grandies to visit, but they are so busy! They are going tubing next weekend. Then, there are birthday parties, etc. Friday is a PD day, too!

Barbara Rogers said...

Good for you...totally wonderful to try things that aren't your norm. I'll never forget my last sledding and breaking my tail bone. Argh!

Marie Smith said...

He persisted. A reason to go again.

MARY G said...

You are both nuts, but I love it.

Joanne Noragon said...

OK, better luck next time.

dellgirl said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Glad you (all) enjoyed yourselves. The video came out fine, from my POV.

Wishing you a wonderful Thursday!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Don't stray too far from your phone. I am sure that you will be getting a call from the organizers of the Winter Olympics.

Kay said...

Yay! That is just the perfect hill for sledding and tobogganing. That was a great video too!

William Kendall said...

I haven't been on a sled since I was a teen.