Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Sledding Vids

When I finally got around to looking at the week-old sledding videos yesterday, lo and behold, there was the one of Sue's last run, or what will probably have been her last run. As I mentioned when I posted my last run, we had the notion to take one more slide in our seventies. For the past two years, the stars hadn't aligned, but, now, we've done it. (23 seconds)


That Sue clip was easy to do, since it was all on one take, but I had a number or takes of the kids that really needed to be edited into one montage. I think this is why I demurred over processing this footage because I don't really love working with videos. Nevertheless, here is Danica: with a lot of fun falling. (39 seconds)


And JJ. (31 seconds)


I am glad I made the efforts, both to slide and to process. Neither effort was all that onerous. Alas, I get lazy.

Now, as I set into the dead of winter, as it were, what will I post about in the near future? I just don't know.




11 comments:

Marcia said...

Our sledding experience to come in Feb won't be anything like yours. We ride a Magic Carpet to the top and sled down. I just hope there will be snow in WV.
Thanks for the heads up about the spammer. Did you read what he/she was selling? ATM cards!

Jenn Jilks said...

This looks so much fun!
I'm glad you processed them.
Our kids went tubing in Quebec on the weekend. I wouldn't dare. Their videos are just too harsh on an old body.
Do you think you should change your 'about me' age in your sidebar now that you are a septuagenarian?! :-)

MARY G said...

Great fun. How about skating next? Maybe we will finally get some acceptable winter weather. One of my favourites of my grandkid is a video of her consuming 'tire' at Wheelers'. She would have been about Danica's age.

Tabor said...

Having grown up in Colorado, I do miss those types of winters. I do not know why you will stop sledding unless your doctor says osteoporosis on some condition warrants that.

gigi-hawaii said...

Aloha from Hawaii. I found your blog via DJan. You are Canadian? No wonder there is so much snow. I have been to Vancouver and Toronto during the winter and also lived in New York City for 5-1/2 years, so, yes, I know all about snow. Over here in Hawaii, there is snow on the volcanoes of the Big Island, but no snow on Oahu, where I live.

Marie Smith said...

Sue’s run looks like fun!

Red said...

Good for you for taking a slide.

Barbara Rogers said...

Those videos are great...and your grandson sure did fly down on a few of his rides. Glad you put them together.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

I haven't seen snow like that for years … looks like great fun. I'm impressed with Sue … I wish you'd had someone take your "last gasp" too. Oh, and I loved your cats new water spot.

Joanne Noragon said...

You're a grand dad to be out in the cold, keeping track of kids and sleds and Sue! I mean that from the bottom of my admiration!

William Kendall said...

That looks fun!