Monday, September 30, 2019

Colour Ramble 5

A week after our first ramble to peep at the colours, nothing much has changed. Most of our world remains green. So, it is probably a good idea that we still haven't ventured terribly far. On Sunday, we hit the road again on a short jaunt that turned out to be even shorter than we had thought.

We plan on taking new routes sometimes, so I make a Google Map of where I'd like to go. I draw it out on the computer and then send it to my phone. Sometimes it works; sometimes there is a hitch. It worked yesterday.

This was the route that I planned. We are in Carleton Place toward the bottom right, but I didn't need help to get to Union Hall, so that is where the plotted route begins.


Once we got to Rosetta, we were on a new-to-us road. From there we headed to Arklan before finding our way to Middleville along an unpaved, rural road.

It was at a bend in that road that I stopped to take my first photos. I liked the bend plus the unique fence beside it and some colour around the turn. The sky was good that day, which beats the blank sky that is murder on photos.


At the same spot, I took this shot of a turning tree across the field, looking to the left in the above photo. Unfortunately, the sky came out drab in this photo. Blame the photographer.


After Middleville, we found ourselves on another new-to-us road where another corner yielded another photo.



Shortly beyond that point we came across a fence with all sorts of rusting machine and implements. This is a photo of an old tractor, one of the many many item lined up there.


We had purchased coffee and muffins back in Carleton Pace at the beginning of the trip, and so we stopped by Clayton Lake for a break. I thought the clouds looked like angel wings.


At that point we cut our ramble short and headed in a different direction to visit Shauna in Perth, which is about a half hour west of our town. The seniors residence where she is now employed is just opening for occupancy. She was there getting things ready and called to invite us for a visit.

I trust that the colour will improve. It usually peaks around Thanksgiving which is still two weeks away. I haven't taken any wall-worthy photos yet and, in point of fact, that may not happen for me this year. But it is still quite pleasant to toodle about the countryside on these lovely autumn days.

And for my own records, this is a link to the Google Map should I need to revive that route: https://goo.gl/maps/UV23hGoXcmfYXnTP8 .


8 comments:

Marcia said...

I liked the rusty machine photo the best.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Always exciting to find new to you places to explore!

Marie Smith said...

Those exploration drives are some of my favourites! Lovely!

Barbara Rogers said...

I like seeing blue blue skies with the white variations of clouds...which are always set off by some color or another on trees and leaves. Autumn coors will be happening soon enough!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful countryside views!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

What a treat … to ramble along with the two of you. I went back and got caught up. You kind of threw me with your reference to Thanksgiving … as you know ours is much later !!

Joanne Noragon said...

Well, I like them all.

Jenn Jilks said...

We've taken those roads many times! I love a drive in the country.
There are lovely pops of colour everywhere!