Saturday, September 07, 2019

Caturday 6

Six months into her new home, Lacey has settled in nicely although that interlude with the visiting Abby tried her sorely, and us too for that matter.

She will never be a true lap cap and is still leery about being petted, at least when someone approaches her rather than her approaching them. However, if she decides to get on your lap, only for about 10 minutes, she truly enjoys the love.


She seems to prefer Sue to me, and Sue is the only one she will go to when we are down in the living room watching tv, where she laps up the lap time, so to speak.


I will get visits upstairs in my recliner although she still doesn't snuggle me with quite the same abandon as she does Sue when Sue sits in the same chair. I suspect that she's endured some rough treatment from men in her life, and so anything is progress.



12 comments:

Shammickite said...

It's a nice feeling, to have a warm furry kitty on your lap. Even just for 10 minutes. No cats on my lap now that both Leon and JoJo (OlderSon's cats) have passed away.

Barbara Rogers said...

I do miss those kitty lovin's which would always leave either white fur on a dark lap, or black fur on a white lap...amazingly. Sue is smart to have patterns. And your photos are almost designs with the cat and cloth patterns juxtaposed.

Vicki Lane said...

How lovely...and as the weather gets cooler, I expect she'll seek out laps more often. That's the case with our cats.

Marcia said...

She'll get there with you eventually.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

So glad she has a good home now.

Marie Smith said...

She’ll come around, so to speak!

Mage said...

She is lovely. She will love you more if you feed her.

William Kendall said...

She is a sweetie.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

I've always been a little leery of cats. Sue must have the "touch" … very sweet.

Joanne Noragon said...

My cat likes to snuggle. He's learned to leave off just on the verge of obnoxious.

Kay said...

This sounds like my granddog, Mungo who is only comfortable with me even though it's my husband who loves dogs. My son tells me Mungo doesn't like men, especially men with hats.

Jenn Jilks said...

She has landed in a soft place!
It's funny, Annabelle chooses JB. Hooper, moi! It works out. I am so tempted to take in another rescue, but JB is leery to upset the dynamics.