Saturday, September 28, 2019

Colour Ramble 4

Thank goodness! I have emptied my queue of posts, which became rather lengthy and resulted in me posting double for a few days.

Before, I get to Ramble 4, however, I pause to thank those who wished me well health-wise. I have had an ongoing condition for a week that I don't think is serious but is both wearying and aggravating. Blood work has been done and an ultrasound is scheduled for Monday.

The relevance of this is that we have kept our rambles relatively short and local. We did have one in mind that would have taken us further afield yesterday, Friday, but we decided that we'd stick closer to home once again. Sigh.

We motored up to the Mill of Kintail, only about 20 minutes away, if that, for a short walk around.

Both the drive and the walk revealed very limited colour, especially in the woods at he Mill.

On our little traipse, I liked this setting as a composition for Sue. Colour is absent, but I still like the setting.


I tried a number of shots of branches amongst colour and light but trashed most of them. I don't spend much time contemplating such shots on these sorts of excursions. I see something that looks like it has possibilities and fire a quick shot. Most, I trash, but I am fairly happy with this one, however.


That was it from yesterday, so I will post a few from the previous day, Thursday, when I went on a brief, nearby ramble on my own whilst Sue was up to this, that, and the other thing.




Today, it shall rain apparently. Tomorrow looks promising followed by a few more rainy days. There is not all that much time to enjoy this fleeting season, so I hope that I feel up to a ramble tomorrow.

11 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Catching up on your posts and sorry to learn you you've been having health problems. May all be resolved satisfactorily soon! The photos are lovely, as is your resident model!

Marie Smith said...

Hope you can stay healthy, AC.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh what lovely woods those are. Be well!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

That is a great photo of your wife!
And I hope your health problems can be quickly and satisfactorily resolved.

Tabor said...

Does not look like we are going to get such a lovely fall as we are in pre-drought. I need to be more like you and trash my photos...I am too conservative.

Kay said...

I'm sorry you're having health difficulties. I'm hearing "It's part of aging, I'm afraid," from my doctors. It doesn't make it any easier by hearing that. I love you beautiful fall photos. I do miss experiencing fall and walking in the cool woods. It's muggy and steaming hot here in Hawaii.

William Kendall said...

Pretty woods!

Yes, it's been quite damp here most of the day.

Joanne Noragon said...

I especially like the last shot, and the youthful composition of that young grove of trees. Probably oaks; they still are green. I like their spindly legs letting in sunlight. And I like the trunk of the tree lending depth of perception to the shot. Take advantage of tomorrow's rain to recline with the cat and start getting better.

Haddock said...

One can see the change in colours (its slow but the progress is there)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hopefully the change in colors will become more widespread as it’s rather slow here in NH except in some of the higher and cooler elevrarions. Your captures show fall has arrived. Hope the test results provide some answers to the ongoing health issues, AC.

Jenn Jilks said...

A lovely amble. I'm just getting caught up, too. We all really ought to meet to coffee someday!