Friday, September 20, 2019

Golden Light at the Park

It was a day when my head felt like it was in a fog. Otherwise, it wasn't a bad day, but I just couldn't get going. I hadn't slept well the night before; maybe that was it. But really now, there have been other poor nights that haven't led to that fogged-in feeling.

To try to salvage a little something, I headed to the park for a few quiet moments in the evening. That all it was — a very few minutes. I took a few photos, and then the light was gone with the sun lowering beyond the western trees.

It can be pleasant these in the golden hour before sunset.

This view caught my eye as I headed into the park from the car. I guess you should be leery of just taking the first thing that you see, but it worked out pleasingly enough. The light catching that centre tree works for me.


I took this one just a little later. It was the light on the bench that appealed to me.


The good light was all but gone. For fun, I took a selfie, and then I went home.


8 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

I hope your fog clears! I take meds to sleep. It really has helped me. Otherwise I get agitated, which isn't good for me.
These are lovely photos.

Barbara Rogers said...

I love that first one...and the second, and all of these! I tend to like a candid type capture of life...and you were able to translate your skills into flashes of beauty! Hope tonight you sleep better.

MARY G said...

I really like the bench shot.

Marie Smith said...

Those wanders on your own can be great sometimes. Great photos too, AC.

William Kendall said...

Lovely light in these shots.

Joanne Noragon said...

Nice pictures. That guy in the selfie has fog head, I hear. Maybe he needs a hobby. Kidding!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The bench photo was nice, but I preferred the first shot, John. Hope the fog clears, but it did make for a lovely outing. Enjoyed the selfie too.

Mara said...

The body is a strange thing. You can go very long without any ill effects and then one day it says: not today honey! Today you are going to feel like doodah!

Hope the fog lifted the next day.