Monday, September 23, 2019

The First Bits of Colour

Since I have about 5 posts in the queue, stretching to Friday, I am double-posting today because yesterday we went for an initial autumn drive as autumn colourization begins. We didn't go long or far, but we did spot bits of colour.

If I put this in the queue and posted on Saturday, this post would be out of date as the colour will have advanced by quite a bit.

Besides that, autumn officially begins today.

So, with no other words to add, here's a peak at what I saw. There could have been more photo ops, but as I was taking one photo the sun went in, so I more or less put my camera away. These were taken on an unpaved backroad called Mountainview, a rather grand name for the road, but if you were on the right property you would have a fair view. Of course, we landless plebeians . . .




We then stopped by the unique Pakenham bridge, where I took my camera out for this photo, which includes my young bride.


7 comments:

Mage said...

I've been happily reading most of your past entries. Lovely stuff. Your eye is so good, and your color sense is wonderful.

Marie Smith said...

Your colours are gorgeous already! We lost lots of leaves with Dorian so some areas have little colour this year.

Marcia said...

Looks like the color has begun there. Many of our leaves are just drying up and falling. No rain for a month now.

Joanne Noragon said...

A lovely photo shoot, beginning to end.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh lucky you to have such great color on the first day of Autumn! Thanks for capturing it and sharing here!

William Kendall said...

The Pakenham Bridge is a particular delight to see.

Jenn Jilks said...

That bridge is amazing! Your 'young bride' is gorgeous!!!! What a lovely couple.