Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Back to School

Last night we met the kids at the park for a back to school shoot. With Danica now having to catch the school bus at 7:30, there would be no opportunity for a morning shoot. Even when there was more time in the morning, photos never worked that well around home.

She is off to a new school for her middle school years although classes do take place within the high school that she will attend. He enters grade 5, but he told me this morning that all of his friends will be in different classes as they are opting to study in English only, and he is still in French immersion for part of the day. Fortunately,, he seems to make friends easily.

I took a lot of photos and they turned out pretty well with minimal editing although I did crop to 8x10 format and warmed them up just a bit from the overcast conditions.

Jonathan





Danica





Together




I do have a bunch more, but I know that you don't love my kids as much as I do. 😇

11 comments:

Mage said...

Yeaah, we do. LOL

Marie Smith said...

Great photos. We’ve come to love them too.

Tabor said...

A perfect set of photos and smart of you to make the signs. I hope some of these end up on your walls.

PipeTobacco said...

AC:

I think it is excellent he is still perusing French immersion! I am not really sure of most Canadian’s views on that issue..... but I find it very admirable that it is an option there. I wish I were truly bilingual.... I have only an elementary knowledge of another language other than English... and it happens to be German.

PipeTobacco

PipeTobacco said...

And by elementary, I mean my working ability is probably akin to a four year old, in German. :)

William Kendall said...

The year is just flying by, isn't it?

Marcia said...

Very cute twosome. How nice to have them close by. I'm envious.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those of us who have been following your blog for a few years now, even more, have watched Danica and Jonathan growing up so do continue to show them. This was a nice informal series of back to school shots, John.

A Cuban In London said...

Lovely post. It brings back memories of my own children going back to school. Similar age gap there. My son is 21 and my daughter 18.

Greetings from London.

Jenn Jilks said...

You take amazing photos.
My daughter posted first day photos of our grandies. Gr. 7 (also in a high school) and gr. 4. My Joffie rides her bike to school, for now. Otherwise, she'll take OCTranspo.

Barbara Rogers said...

A very heart-warming series, which I'm sure will bring smiles when you look at them in, say, 10 years time!