Sunday, September 22, 2019

Then I Turned Around

. . . a continuation . . .

What did I see when I turned around? A rather striking sunrise, that's what!


How many times have I gone down there in the morning to a pretty null sunrise? (Well, not that many I suppose but some.) But there it was, serendipitously awaiting me to notice. It was really like this. I didn't saturate in post editing.

I took a few more at somewhat different focal lengths and crops. Although it was still quite wonderful, you might notice that the saturation is already beginning to lessen by the second photo, below.



This was all taking place within minutes, and it was even less saturated in my next and final photo.


Despite the lesser saturation on the final photo ↑ I may like it best. I think I like the wider view for showing the context better. And I think the more gentle colours would make the photo easier to look at for a duration if it were printed. I think in part, it also appears to be less saturated because I am showing more sky and there is simply less colour up higher, or less orange colour, I should say.

If I hadn't forced my less than enthusiastic self to go out that morning, I wouldn't have stumbled (almost blindly as it were) into these shots. I shall try to remember this going forward. But the flesh is weak. lol


11 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

These are gorgeous. Sunrise colors change so rapidly--and they're all beautifful.

Barbara Rogers said...

Super shots...my fav is the last one I think!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Stunning. I like the last one best as well.

Marie Smith said...

Spectacular, AC. It is hard to pick a favourite!

Doris Potter said...

Beautiful!!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Hi AC...I went back and compared #1 with the last one and I agree that the last one is my favorite. You have a very good eye with photos.

Joanne Noragon said...

Beautiful. I'm for the first and the last.

Mara said...

That first one is just beautiful. That one is my favourite.

Tabor said...

I get a few of those really red sunsets and do not have to enhance the color in any way.

Jenn Jilks said...

The flesh is weak, hah!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!