Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The RCMP Musical Ride Came to Town

The RCMP Musical Tide came to town on Saturday as part of the town's 200th anniversary celebrations. This has to have been the most anticipated and highly anticipated event of all, and the attendance proved it. Naturally I took a few hundred photos on a day when conditions weren't spectacular, but the event was spectacular, and I shall present you with just a handful of my takes.







Canada ranks up near the top of just about any way to measure the well being of countries and its citizens. And to top it off, we have the Mounties.

11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Love that show! Great photos!

Marcia said...

Very neat! Who provided the music? You said it was a musical.

Vicki Lane said...

Oh, my! I'm flooded with memories of the movie Rosemarie, and the Canadian Love Song. It was one of the first movies I ever saw and I was smitten! And later Sgt, Preston on TV. "Om King! On, you huskies!"

I wish I could have seen this in person but your photos brought a lot of pleasure.

Barbara Rogers said...

Canadians do have a lot to be proud of...and seeing these Mounties certainly reminds me of it! They are regal!

Shammickite said...

I've seen the Musical Ride a couple of times and have always been impressed. You are so lucky to have them perform in your town.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

You are truly blessed! This sounds like such a joy.

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots! I've not seen the full musical ride, though I have seen Mounties participate on horseback in the summer military beat retreat event on Parliament Hill.

Joanne Noragon said...

Your few shots are exciting. Stirring. Breathtaking and near heart stopping a couple of places. Well done, you all, and that includes Canada and the Mounties.

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos . They came down this way years ago and I so enjoyed watching them .

Mara said...

Nice! I wonder though: do they pick the horses on their colour? They were all brown.

Anvilcloud said...

In reality and not in a poor photo, they are black or pretty darn close to it. They are also bred and raised nearby although at 4 years or so, they are taken to the RCMP grounds on the other side of Ottawa for training. From there, they travel all over the country.